Berjaya Times Square
|Berjaya Times Square|
Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur, as seen at the Jalan Pudu-Jalan Imbi junction.
|Location||1 Jalan Imbi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Roof||203 m (666 ft)|
5 below ground
|Design and construction|
Main atrium of Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur shopping mall in Feb 2011.
|Location||Imbi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Opening date||October 2003|
|No. of stores and services||< 1,000|
|No. of anchor tenants||3, (Hero Market, Borders Group and Golden Screen Cinemas)|
|Total retail floor area||700,000 m2 (7,500,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||13|
Berjaya Times Square is a 48-storey, 203 m (666 ft) twin tower, hotel, condominium, indoor amusement park and shopping centre complex in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was opened in October 2003 by the 4th Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad.
The development is currently the ninth largest building in the world and has also been tagged as the "world's largest building ever built in a single phase", with 700,000 m2 (7,500,000 sq ft) of built up floor area. This building consists of a shopping mall, business office's and leisure centre with over 1000 retail shops, 1200 luxury service suites, 65 food outlets and entertainment attractions such as Berjaya Times Square Theme Park and GSC MAXX (formerly IMAX) 2D and 3D theatre.
In April 2005, Borders Group opened its first franchise store here which was the largest Borders store in the world at the time. However, due to the 2010 economic downturn it has since been downsized into a smaller operation called Borders Express.
Originally, the land belonged to the millionaire and philanthropist Cheong Yoke Choy before World War II. His bungalow stood there until the entire parcel of land was purchased by Berjaya Group Tan Sri Vincent Tan for the development of the current Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur.
- Berjaya Times Square Tower A at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Berjaya Times Square Tower B at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Berjaya Times Square at Emporis
- Berjaya Times Square at SkyscraperPage
- Berjaya Times Square at Structurae
- "Berjaya Times Square Hotel & Convention Center". Asia Travel. 12 October 2003. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "VINCI Construction Grands: Berjaya Times Square". VINCI Construction. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Berjaya Times Square". Asia Rooms. 30 October 2010. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Alternative to reading". The Star. 18 December 2005. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Berjaya Times Square – World’s Largest Shopping Mall Building". Burj. 6 September 2010. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Silver Kris Magazine, August 2009- National Day Edition
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berjaya Times Square.|
- Official site
- Owner and Investor Forum
- Berjaya Times Square Hotel Kuala Lumpur Website
- حجز فندق تايم سكوير في كوالالمبور ماليزيا 2014
- حجز فندق برجايا تايم سكوير في كوالالمبور ماليزيا 2014