Berkeley High School (Moncks Corner, South Carolina)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Berkeley High School|
|Moncks Corner, South Carolina
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Berkeley County School District|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Vegas Gold|
Berkeley High School is a high school in Moncks Corner, South Carolina. Berkeley High School is a part of the Berkeley County School District. Berkeley High School won state championships in football in 1960, 1981, 1994, 1996, and 2009. They recently celebrated their 100th anniversary. Berkeley High also has a marching band known as the "Blue Brigade," which participates in Class AAA at band competitions. The school mascot is the Stag.
Athletics Berkeley High participates in many different sports in Class AAA, such as soccer, baseball, swimming, golf, basketball, wrestling, and football. They have won the state championship in football 5 times (1960, 1981, 1994, 1996, and 2009). They have also won the region championship 10 times in football (1965, 1966, 1986, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2007, 2009 and 2014).
- Henry E. Brown, Jr. (class of 1953): member of the United States House of Representatives for South Carolina's 1st congressional district from 2001 to 2011
- Omar Brown (class of 2007): American football defensive back for the Baltimore Ravens of the NFL since 2012; part of the Super Bowl XLVII championship Ravens team.
- Mike Dingle (class of 1987): American football running back for the University of South Carolina and Cincinnati Bengals of the NFL.
- Andre Ellington (class of 2008): American football running back who played at Clemson University from 2009 to 2012 and in the NFL for the Arizona Cardinals since 2013.
- Bruce Ellington (class of 2010): American football wide receiver who played American football and basketball at the University of South Carolina from 2010 to 2013. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the 4th Round / pick 106 of the NFL draft.
- Steven Furtick (class of 1999): Southern Baptist pastor and founder of Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina; bestselling author
- Jabari Levey (class of 2002): American football offensive lineman
- Ryan Stewart (class of 1992): American football safety who played for the Detroit Lions of the NFL from 1996 to 2000
- Charlamagne Tha God