|• Total||4.1 sq mi (10.9 km2)|
|• Land||4 sq mi (10.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||5,213 ft (1,589 m)|
|• Density||2,620.2/sq mi (985.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1852837|
Berkley is located at (39.803786, -105.026792).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.2 square miles (11 km2), of which, 4.0 square miles (10 km2) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it (3.58%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 10,743 people, 3,804 households, and 2,586 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,661.2 people per square mile (1,026.7/km2). There were 3,977 housing units at an average density of 985.2 per square mile (380.1/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 72.84% White, 1.09% African American, 1.57% Native American, 4.71% Asian, 0.18% Pacific Islander, 15.60% from other races, and 4.01% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 43.22% of the population.
There were 3,804 households, out of which 33.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.2% were married couples living together, 13.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.0% were non-families. 24.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.36.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 27.5% of males under the age of 18, 11.3% from 18 to 24, 31.1% from 25 to 44, 20.6% from 45 to 64, and 9.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 107.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $36,945, and the median income for a family was $41,250. Males had a median income of $30,951 versus $25,882 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,295. About 6.2% of families and 10.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.7% of those under age 18 and 9.2% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Archived 2012-07-11 at Archive.today Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berkley, Colorado.|