Berkshire Hathaway Energy
|Predecessor||MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company|
|Greg Abel, Chairman & CEO|
|Total assets||$85.44 billion|
|Total equity||$24.33 billion|
Berkshire Hathaway Energy (previously known as MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company until 2014) is a holding company that is 90% owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Berkshire has owned a controlling stake since 1999.
Subsidiaries & Investments
Berkshire Hathaway Energy owns the following companies:
- MidAmerican Energy Company
- MidAmerican Renewables (Renewable Energy/Wind Energy)
- PacifiCorp for $9.4 billion in 2005
- Northern Powergrid (formerly CE Electric UK)
- CalEnergy Generation
- Kern River Gas Transmission Company
- Northern Natural Gas Company (Omaha)
- HomeServices of America (Real Estate, in 47 states) http://www.homeservices.com/hsfaffiliates.aspx
- BYD Company (10% of outstanding shares)
- NV Energy (electric and natural gas in most of Nevada)
- Metalogic Inspections Services (Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Fabrication, Pipeline, Services)
- Intelligent Energy Solutions (Heat Pumps, Solar Panels, and Biomass Boilers)
- AltaLink (Electric Utility in Canada) for C$3.24 billion in 2014 
- "Financial filing" (PDF). www.berkshirehathawayenergyco.com. 2010.
- News, Bloomberg (26 October 1999). "Berkshire Hathaway and Others Plan to Buy MidAmerican Energy" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Buffett's MidAmerican Energy adopts Berkshire name". 30 April 2014 – via Reuters.
- "Wind Energy". midamericanenergy.com. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- Goldstein, Steve. "Berkshire Hathaway's $9.4B deal".
- "BHE Renewables". www.bherenewables.com. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "Kern River Gas Transmission Company : Berkshire Hathaway Energy". www.berkshirehathawayenergyco.com. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "Northern Natural Gas". www.northernnaturalgas.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Home - Metalogic Inspection Services". Metalogic Inspection Services. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "Consultancy, Servicing, Maintenance and Fault Finding | Heat Pumps, Solar Panels & Biomass Boilers - Intelligent Energy Solutions". www.intelligentenergysolutions.com. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "Berkshire Hathaway Energy Purchases SNC-Lavalin's Equity in AltaLink". Marketwired.com. 2014-05-01. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- CNBC (2017-07-07). "Berkshire Hathaway Energy to buy Oncor". Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Sempra's Purchase of Oncor Approved by FERC". www.power-eng.com.
- "Berkshire Hathaway Energy Agreement to Acquire Oncor Terminated". Berkshire Hathaway Energy, Inc. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
|This article about a United States company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|