Berkshire Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Berkshire Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Pond and fields in the township
Location of Berkshire Township in Delaware County
|• Total||21.4 sq mi (55.5 km2)|
|• Land||21.0 sq mi (54.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.1 km2)|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|• Density||147/sq mi (56.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086042|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Kingston Township - north
- Porter Township - northeast corner
- Trenton Township - east
- Harlem Township - southeast corner
- Genoa Township - south
- Orange Township - southwest corner
- Berlin Township - west
- Brown Township - northwest corner
It is the only Berkshire Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Emergency medical services in Berkshire Township are provided by the Delaware County EMS.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Berkshire township, Delaware County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, Or a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 93. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Delaware County EMS