|Location||Spandau, Berlin, Berlin
|Station code||7761 |
|DS100 code||BSRW |
|Opened||15 October 1846|
|Closed||for main line stops: 19 May 1997|
|Electrified|| 23 August 1928
main line: 30 May 1992
|Previous names||1846-1871 Spandau
1871-1890 Hamburger Bahnhof
1890-1911 Spandau Personenbahnhof
1911-1936 Spandau Hauptbahnhof
|1846||current building erected|
|1945 April 24 - June 9||operation interrupted|
|1952 May 18 - 1976 September 25||no main line stopping|
|1980 September 19 - 1998 December 29||operation interrupted|
|1997 May 19 - 1998 December 29||operation interrupted|
The station opened on 15 December 1846 at the railway line from Berlin's Hamburger Bahnhof to the city of Hamburg. Then the main station in the area, it bore the name Spandau. When in 1871 the parallel railway line from the Lehrter Bahnhof in Berlin to Lehrte opened with a second station west of the Havel river, Spandau received the annex Hamburger Bahnhof to distinguish it from the new station called Lehrter Bahnhof. As both lines were socialised by the Prussian state railways in 1880 and 1884, the former Lehrter Bahnhof was closed for passenger service and remained a freight station. Called Spandau Hauptbahnhof (main station) from 1911 and Berlin-Spandau from 1936, the station was renamed Stresow on 19 May 1997, when the Spandau-West station at the site of the historic Lehrter Bahnhof took over the role.
An S-Bahn station from 1928 on, service was interrupted in 1980 and not resumed until 30 December 1998, when the station reopened in its current form. The entrance building from 1846 is preserved in its original condition and one of the oldest in Germany.
- "Stationspreisliste 2017" [Station price list 2017] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- Peter Bley (1996). 150 Jahre Eisenbahn Berlin-Hamburg (in German). Düsseldorf: alba-Verlag. ISBN 3-87094-229-0.
- Bernd Kuhlmann (2006). Bahnknoten Berlin (in German). Berlin: Verlag GVE. ISBN 3-89218-099-7.
- von der Leyden, ed. (1982). Berlin und seine Eisenbahnen – 1846–1896 (in German). Berlin: Verlag Aesthetik und Kommunikation. ISBN 3-88245-106-8.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berlin-Stresow station.|
- "Berlin Stresow station" (in German). Stadtschnellbahn Berlin. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
|Preceding station||Berlin S-Bahn||Following station|
toward Strausberg Nord