Berlin Township, Knox County, Ohio
|Berlin Township, Knox County Ohio|
Berlin United Methodist Church
Location of Berlin Township in Knox County.
|• Total||19.2 sq mi (49.6 km2)|
|• Land||18.4 sq mi (47.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,148 ft (350 m)|
|• Density||90.5/sq mi (35.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086391|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jefferson Township, Richland County - north
- Worthington Township, Richland County - northeast corner
- Pike Township - east
- Morris Township - south
- Wayne Township - southwest corner
- Middlebury Township - west
No municipalities are located in Berlin Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Knox County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, Containing a Condensed, Comprehensive History of Ohio. A. A. Graham & Company. p. 421.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, Or a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 93. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.