Berman Brothers (producers)
|Birth name||Frank Bermann|
|Years active||1993 to Present|
In 2006 they created and co-produced the album Rhythms del Mundo, which fused an all-star cast of Cuban musicians including Ibrahim Ferrer and Omara Portuondo of the Buena Vista Social Club with US and UK artists such as U2, Coldplay, Sting, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and others. Rhythms del Mundo was released in over 61 countries and received multiple sales awards. The project is in aid of Artists Project Earth (APE), which lends support for natural disaster relief and climate change awareness.
The Berman Brothers' musical achievements include the prestigious Grammy Award for the Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out" in 2001. In addition to winning two BMI Awards for Most Performed Songs on American Radio, the Berman Brothers also received a Grammy nomination in 2004 for their published song "Love One Another", recorded and performed by Cher. They are also honored by Billboard magazine in its "Billboard of the Year Issue," among the 20 most successful producers in the US billboard charts. They have created remixes for the platinum selling group Real McCoy (M.C. Sar & The Real McCoy) and have produced records for renowned artists such as Hanson, Baha Men, Sophie B Hawkins, Amber and Cher.
In 2014, the Bermans released an album titled Studio Rio Presents: The Brazil Connection which sets the music of jazz classics to samba and bossa nova arrangements. This Album features artists like Billie Holiday, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Sly & The Family Stone. The Studio Rio version of "It's Your Thing" by The Isley Brothers was featured on the 2014 Fifa World Cup Album One Love, One Rhythm. The song was also used during the ESPN soccer World Cup coverage.
Their music is featured in major TV and movie commercials by clients including Nissan, Casio, Lufthansa, Honda, and Lexus. The Bermans' movie and soundtrack division landed several songs in top-10 US blockbuster movies including Miss Congeniality featuring Sandra Bullock, Parent Trap featuring Lindsay Lohan and Studio 54 with Mike Myers and Salma Hayek as well as TV series like Sex and the City, House and The Sopranos.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070809175626/http://www.discogs.com/artist/Berman%2BBrothers%2C%2BThe The Berman Brothers on Discogs including Discography
- http://www.albumcredits.com/bermanbrothers[permanent dead link] The Berman Brothers on Albumcredits.com including Discography
- http://www.answers.com/topic/the-berman-brothers?cat=entertainment Answers.com
- http://online.wsj.com/articles/soul-classics-get-a-samba-flavor-1403237768 Wall Street Journal Article about Studio Rio
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ragogna/chats-with-ivan-neville-a_b_5569338.html Huffington Post Interview Berman Brothers