British passport (Bermuda)
The front cover of a Bermudian passport.
The data page of a Bermudian passport.
|Issued by|| Governor of Bermuda on behalf of the|
Government of Bermuda
under the authority (with the permission) of
Her Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||British Overseas Territories citizenship|
Since 2015, all Bermudian passports are printed in the United Kingdom, rather than Bermuda.
British Overseas Territories citizens with a connection to Bermuda can enter the United States visa-free under most circumstances. To qualify, they must present a Bermudian passport which fulfils the following criteria:
- The front cover has printed on it "Government of Bermuda"
- The holder's nationality must be stated as either "British Overseas Territories Citizen" or "British Dependent Territories Citizen"
- The passport must contain one of the following endorsement stamps: "Holder is registered as a Bermudian", "Holder Possesses Bermudian Status" or "Holder is deemed to possess Bermudian status"
Alternatively, if Bermudians use their British Citizen passports, when entering the US on the Visa Waiver Program, they can only stay visa-free for up to 90 days and must obtain pre-arrival online authorisation (at a fee of US$14).
- Overseas Territories Citizen Passport Government of Bermuda: All Immigration Fees
- "Changes To The British Overseas Territories Citizen (BOTC) Passport Process". Government of Bermuda.
- Citizens of Canada and Bermuda
- "Visa Exemptions for Bermudians". Hamilton.usconsulate.gov. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
|This Bermuda-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|