British passport (Bermuda)
The front cover of a contemporary Bermudian biometric passport.
The data page of a Bermudian passport.
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||British Overseas Territories citizenship|
All other applicants can apply for a Bermudian ePassport at a cost of US$119, a standard passport for US$84 or a jumbo passport for US$106.
British Overseas Territories citizens with a connection to Bermuda can enter the United States visa-free under most circumstances. To qualify, they must present a Bermudian passport which fulfils the following criteria:
- The front cover has printed on it "Government of Bermuda"
- The holder's nationality must be stated as either "British Overseas Territories Citizen" or "British Dependent Territories Citizen"
- The passport must contain one of the following endorsement stamps: "Holder is registered as a Bermudian", "Holder Possesses Bermudian Status" or "Holder is deemed to possess Bermudian status"
Alternatively, if Bermudians use their British Citizen passports, when entering the US on the Visa Waiver Program, they can only stay visa-free for up to 90 days and must obtain pre-arrival online authorisation (at a fee of US$14）。
- "Government of Bermuda - The place to find government and services. Quick and simple". Gov.bm. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Citizens of Canada and Bermuda
- "Visa Exemptions for Bermudians". Hamilton.usconsulate.gov. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- "List of Schengen visa exempted nationalities" (PDF). Ambafrance-ie.org. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Want to apply: Visit and holiday - UDI". Udi.no. Retrieved 18 April 2016.