||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sembrano during the 9th Gawad Tanglaw as she receives the Best TV Anchor award
|Born||Bernadette Lorraine Palisada Dominguez Sembrano
February 18, 1976
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Other names||Bernadette Sembrano-Aguinaldo
|Occupation||Reporter, journalist, radio broadcaster|
|Spouse(s)||Emilio Aguinaldo IV (m. 2008)|
|Family||Stanley Palisada (cousin)|
Sembrano started with IBC as a newscaster in 1997 before moving to the GMA Network in 1998, where she was the anchor of the first wishing program of the country, Wish Ko Lang. She and GMA had issues with a TV show she was hosting - exposing alleged graft and corruption of a government official - which the network delayed airing but with a certain disclaimer that caused her to walk-out on an evening news cast. GMA terminated her contract on 20 December 2003 but she continued to worked on for Wish ko Lang until 14 February 2004. She was then wooed by the rival ABS-CBN in 2004 where she hosted the public service show "Lukso ng Dugo", an OFW Drama Anthology entitled Nagmamahal, Kapamilya and the morning show Magandang Umaga Pilipinas. She also served as a correspondent for ABS-CBN's longest investigative journalism show, The Correspondents. She is the current host of Salamat Dok, a weekend current affairs program focusing on medicine and health issues.
Sembrano is a co-anchor on TV Patrol World, a newscaster on the DZMM radio station programs like Radyo Patrol Alas Dose, Gising Pilipinas with Nelson Lubao and currently anchoring Radyo Patrol Alas Kuwatro with Alex Santos when she replaced Jasmin Romero. And other news and public affairs programs of ABS-CBN.
And now, Sembrano was back to Umagang Kay Ganda as main anchor/host with Anthony Taberna after a few months when she left the show together with Rica Peralejo, Ginger Conejero and Bekimon. She replaced Pinky Webb, a former main anchor and host of Umagang Kay Ganda who already left the morning show last August 2011.
On August 3, 2015, she was named permanent co-anchor of the weekday editions of TV Patrol, succeeding Korina Sanchez who left due to Mar Roxas's impending presidential campaign, according to news website medianewser.com.
She remains one of the more visible newscasters, television hosts, and correspondents of the ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs.
Sembrano owns the B Good Store located inside the Eugenio Lopez, Jr. Communications Center of ABS-CBN. She was formerly the co-owner and founder of a bookstore specializing in hard-to-find books in Quezon City, Philippines. She formed this business partnership with colleagues in Philippine media and former classmates in college. In June 2008, she married Emilio "Orange" Aguinaldo IV, the great-grandson of the first President of the Philippines, Emilio Aguinaldo.
Sembrano graduated elementary and high school from Angelicum School (now Angelicum College), a private Catholic school in Quezon City, Philippines. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of the Philippines, Diliman.
|2015–present||TV Patrol||News Anchor (replaced Korina Sanchez)||ABS-CBN|
|2012–2015||Top Story||News Anchor||ANC|
|2007–2011; 2011–2015||Umagang Kay Ganda||Host|
|2005–2007||Magandang Umaga, Pilipinas||Host|
|2005–2011||TV Patrol Weekend||News Anchor|
|2004–2005||Magandang Umaga, Bayan||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2002–2004||Wish Ko Lang||Host||GMA|
|1998-2002||GMA News Live||News Anchor|
|1998-2002||GMA Network News Weekend||News Anchor|
|1997-1998||CTN Midnite||News Anchor||IBC|
|2012-2015||DZMM Radyo Patrol||News Anchor||DZMM|
Awards and Citations
- Students' Choice of Female News and Public Affairs Host:5th USTv Students Choice Awards
- Best TV Anchor, 9th Gawad Tanglaw
- Most Admired Female TV Personality (from 2005-2010), Anak TV Seal Awards
- One of Best Morning Show Hosts for Umagang Kay Ganda (from 2008-2011), Star Awards for TV
- 2012 Anak TV Makabata Star Awardee(Female TV Personalities)
- Best Public Service Program Host (Salamat Doc) 2012 6th Gandingan Awards
- (Best Health Show Host),3rd EdukCircle Awards
- Best TV Public Service Host award for Salamat Dok, 21st Golden Dove Awards of the Kapisanan ng Broadkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP)
- Female Broadcast Journalist of the Year for TV-Rotary Club of Manila Journalism Awards 2014
- (Best Health Show Host),4th EdukCircle Awards 2014
- Best TV Anchor (Dateline ANC)-13th Gawad Tanglaw 2015
- Best Female Morning Host (Umagang Kay Ganda)-2016 Paragala Awards
- Bonifacio, Julie (June 30, 2008). "A tale of two weddings: Bernadette Sembrano's Independence Day wedding and Nina Corpus's Parisian nuptial" (in Filipino). GMA New Media. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Bernadette Sembrano has Bell's Palsy