|Location||Bernadotte, Fulton County, Illinois, USA|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architectural style||Other, Pratt|
|MPS||Metal Highway Bridges of Fulton County TR|
|NRHP Reference #||80001360|
|Added to NRHP||October 29, 1980|
The Bernadotte Bridge at Bernadotte, built in 1910, is one of nine metal highway bridges in Fulton County, Illinois listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The bridge is located along County Route 2 between Smithfield, Illinois to the north, and Ipava, Illinois to the south. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 29, 1980, along with the eight other bridges, as one of the "Metal Highway Bridges of Fulton County". The bridge is one of three near Smithfield listed on the Register, the others are the Buckeye Bridge (now demolished) and the Tartar's Ferry Bridge. A fourth bridge near the Smithfield was included on the Register but removed in 1996, following its 1995 destruction.
Bernadotte Bridge is one of the few remaining bridges in this Multiple Property Submission group still standing, five of the nine have been destroyed. Fundraising is in place with the hope of restoring the bridge, which is current closed due to safety concerns.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Bernadotte Archived December 15, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- HAARGIS Database, Fulton County Register sites search, Illinois Historic Preservation Agency. Retrieved 2 February 2007.
- National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form-Metal Highway Bridges of Fulton County, (PDF), HAARGIS Database, Illinois Historic Preservation Agency. Retrieved 2 February 2007.
- March 1, 1996 - Weekly Listings, National Register of Historic Places, Weekly Activity Listings. Retrieved 9 February 2007.
|This article about a property in Illinois on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a bridge in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|