Bernadotte Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.7 sq mi (98 km2)|
|• Land||37.69 sq mi (97.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||476 ft (145 m)|
|• Density||7.2/sq mi (2.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61427, 61441, 61477, 61482, 61542|
|GNIS feature ID||0428662|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.7 square miles (98 km2), of which 37.69 square miles (97.6 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
- Cameron Grove (aka Colemans grove) was a picnic area & settlement 3 miles up the spoon River north of Bernadotte in the early days.
- Providence was a small community with a lovely church and cemetery.
- Bennington was a former village that had a post office established Sept 20,1823 and discontinued May 20, 1835.
The township contains these four cemeteries: Engle, Providence, Randol and Stites.
- Camp Ellis Landing Strip
- Community Unit School District 3 Fulton City
- Lewistown School District 97
- V I T Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- "Bernadotte Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Harris Township||Cass Township||Putman Township|
|Farmers Township||Lewistown Township|
|Vermont Township||Pleasant Township||Isabel Township|