Bernard Cohen (painter)
Bernard Cohen (born 1933) is a British artist. Ten of his works are in the permanent collection of the Tate Gallery. He was born in London in 1933 and came to prominence during the 1960s. He has since exhibited regularly internationally.
In 2009, the large scale monograph Bernard Cohen: Work of Six Decades was published by Flowers, followed by a second monograph on the artist in 2015, in which it is contested by the arts writer and academic Ian McKay that Cohen's highly complex abstract works represent an "ongoing search for meaning in its broadest, most human sense."
- Paintings from the Nineties [Catalogue of the exhibition held at Flowers East, 15 May – 21 June 1998] London
- Paintings from the Sixties, [Catalogue of the exhibition held at Flowers East, 2007] London
- Lynton, N. & Mackay, I. (2009) Bernard Cohen: Work of Six Decades, Flowers, London
- Mackay, I. (2015) Bernard Cohen: About Now, Flowers, London.
- Lynton, N. & McKay, I. (2009) Bernard Cohen: Work of Six Decades. Flowers, London (ISBN 1906412235)
- McKay, I. , Bernard Cohen: About Now, Flowers Gallery, 2015. See: http://www.flowersgallery.com/exhibitions/view/bernard-cohen-about-now. Last accessed, October, 2015.
- Flowers East Gallery London.
- The Art and Times of Bernard Cohen Interview with the artist.
|This biographical article about a painter from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|