July 8, 1967 |
|Alma mater||Kellogg School of Management|
|Occupation||Venture capitalist and investor, Index Ventures|
Bernard Dalle Operating Partner at Index Ventures, a global venture capital firm with offices in London, Geneva, Jersey (Channel Islands), and San Francisco. Dalle oversees the day-to-day operations of the firm. In his previous role as a technology investor, Dalle’s specific sector focus was on cloud, Software as a Service (SaaS), and infrastructure.July 8, 1967 is the
Early Life and Education
Dalle was born in Kreuzlingen, Switzerland and raised in Rabat, Morocco. He received a Master’s degee in Electrical Engineering from the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL, English: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne) in Switzerland in 1990, and a Master’s in Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in 1996.
Before his MBA, Dalle worked for four years with Procter & Gamble (P&G) in IT and Finance. At P&G he implemented enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. After his MBA, Dalle worked for McKinsey & Company in Zurich for 15 months. In 1997 Dalle joined Index Ventures in Geneva, one year after the company’s founding. At Index Ventures Dalle has invested in a number of different companies and served on the Boards of Directors of a variety of firms, including Assistly (sold to Salesforce.com); B-hive (sold to VMware); DimDim (sold to Salesforce.com); FilesX (sold to IBM); Gluster (sold to RedHat for $136 million); and Worklight (sold to IBM).
Dalle lives in Geneva, Switzerland with his wife and 3 children.
- "MediaGuardian 100 2012". Computer World. June 10, 2008.
- "Open source: the money is in the cloud". CNET. December 9, 2009.
- "Bernard Dalle bio".
- "Salesforce buys social customer services SAAS startup Assistly for $50 million in cash". TechCrunch. April 25, 2010.
- "VMWare Buys B-Hive for Performance Scans". GigaOM. April 28, 2008.
- "Salesforce Buys Web Conferencing Platform DimDim For $31 Million In Cash". TechCrunch. January 6, 2011.
- "IBM acquires FilesX for reported $70-90M". Venture Beat. April 10, 2008.
- "Red Hat Expands Storage Portfolio With Gluster Acquisition". InformationWeek. October 5, 2011.
- "IBM Buys HTML5 App Development Company WorkLight For $70M To Expand Mobile Enterprise Services". Tech Crunch. January 31, 2012.