Bernard Dumaine (born August 20, 1953 in Angoulême, France) is a French artist best known for his work in photorealism and surrealism styles and for his background designs for television cartoons. He works in a variety of media, including oil paints, acrylic paints, graphite pencil, digital painting, digital collage, and video.
Life and work
He graduated in sculpture with a mention for drawing in 1977 in Angers ( Maine et Loire, France ). Many single and group exhibitions followed, both locally and internationally. His early work included drawings in the style of photorealist and surrealist oil paintings.
He is currently working mostly in digital media, oil paints, and pencil. He is also doing Exquisite corpse works in collaboration with many artists internationally, and these collaborative works have recently been exhibited in galleries across France.
"Painting with pixels" - Cork Gallery, New York City, USA (2004)
"32 bit Connection" - Museumsquartier (MQ), Vienna - Austria (2004)
International Surrealist Show 2006 - Spencer, Iowa
"Chimeria" - Sedan, France 2009
Energy Art Salon 2010 - Chicago, USA
Museu Brasileiro da Escultura - São Paulo, Brazil "Toyart" (2011)
Collettiva Surrealista "Linguaggi d'Arte" (2011) - Floridia, Italy
"Imagining science" - University of Reading (UK) (2013) - Exquisite corpses with Sally Hunter and Immy Smith
"Symbols and archetypes" - Dedalus Studi, Teramo, Italy (2013)
"Luci e Ombre, Tribute to H.R. Giger" Teramo, Italy (2015)
"Book Launch and Psychedelic Art Gallery" The Bently Reserve, San Francisco, CA (2015) 
"The resurrection of the Exquisite Corpse" Artworks, Richmond, VA, United States (2015) 
"Metamorphosis", Ripattoni in Arte, Palazzo Saliceti, Teramo, Italy (2016)
"Grand Opening", Phaneros Gallery, Nevada City, CA, USA (2017)
"Phaneros Family Campout", Nevada City, CA, USA (2017)
" Mainstreet Art Gallery" Dordrecht, The Netherlands (2019)
"Séries" - Galerie Rivaud, Poitiers, France (2014)
"Dreaming Deep" - Healdsburg, CA, USA ( March 2019 )
- selected works in Renderosity: Digital Art for the 21st Century (2004, Collins Design) by John Grant and Audre Vysniauskas
- Search 02 in Issue #1, Dark Recesses Press (Dark Recesses Press, 2005)
- selected works in Metamorphosis (2006, Jon Beinart)
- selected work in Imagine The Imagination : new visions of Surrealism (2009, nEgoist Sp.z.o.o.)
- selected work in Visionary Art Yearbook (2010, edited by Otto Rapp)
- " Miximages " 80 Exquisite corpses in pencils (Blurb, 2010, ISBN 978-2-9538353-0-4 )
- selected works in Anarchy Mag, Issue #70/71,#72/73,#74 (Freedom press, 2011-2013)
- selected works in Rebirth of the exquisite corpse (2011, ISBN 978-1-4476-6398-0) by Anthony Mason
- selected works in Collaborative Corpse Yearbook 2010-2011 (2011, Blurb) by George Teseleanu
- selected works in Eco-Ar-Te para o reencantamento do mundo by SATO, Michèle (Org.) São Carlos: RiMa & Cuiabá: FAPEMAT, 2011
- selected works in Artelibre - arte y libertad VI (Editorial Comuniter, S.L.,ISBN 978-84-15126-19-5, 2012)
- selected works in Biomech Art by Martin de Diego Sádaba (Graffito books) ISBN 978-1909051027, 2013
- selected works in Lithaire by Pierre Petiot (La Belle Inutile Editions) ISBN 978-1291616743, 2013
- selected work in The Horror Magazine by Jeani Rector (Horror Zine, The /2013)ISBN 0615914217
- selected work in The spindle's arc by J. Karl Bogartte (La Belle Inutile Éditions /2014) ISBN 978-1312058026
- selected work in Insidieux by Pierre Petiot (La Belle Inutile Editions) ISBN 978-1291661989, 2014
- selected work in Mona Lisa Reimagined by Erik Maell (Goff Books) ISBN 978-1-939621-26-9, 2015
- selected works in Masters of Contemporary Art - Vol 2 (Art Galaxie) ISBN 978-989-20-7103-9, 2016
- "Backgrounds | Facebook". www.facebook.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-28. Retrieved 2012-03-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "SITO.org Artchive: The times they are a-changin' by Bernard Dumaine". SITO.org.
- "Les cadavres exquis de Bernard Dumaine". CharenteLibre.fr.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2012-01-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Data". valweb.org. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "32 Bit Connection: Webism - Art connecting the World - Electric Avenue - Absolutearts.com". www.absolutearts.com. Archived from the original on 2004-06-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-17. Retrieved 2012-01-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://beinart.org/art-news/2009/02/08/chimeria-visionary-art-festival/[permanent dead link]
- "ENERGY ART » Energy Art Salon '10".
- "TROYART EXHIBITION".
- http://www.prolocofloridia.it/la-notte-bianca/61-collettiva-surrealistaqlinguaggi-darteq-[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-07. Retrieved 2013-10-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dedalus Studi". dedalusstudi.blogspot.fr.
- "Press Release: San Francisco Book Launch and Psychedelic Art Gallery Honors Stanislav Grof and H.R. Giger". MAPS.
- "Log In or Sign Up to View". www.facebook.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-06. Retrieved 2014-06-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "New Page". Phaneros Art.