||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Bernard Foley|
|Date of birth||8 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||182 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (14 st 0 lb; 196 lb)|
|School||St Aloysius College
|Rugby union career|
|Men's rugby sevens|
|2010 Delhi||Team competition|
Bernard Foley (born 8 September 1989) is an Australian rugby player with the Australian national team, and plays for the New South Wales Waratahs in Super Rugby. He can cover both Fullback and Fly-half.
Bernard Foley debuted for the Waratahs in 2011, becoming a regular in 2012. He also plays for Sydney University in the Shute Shield. Foley began his career in sevens in 2009. He was a silver medallist with the Australian sevens team at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, and went on to captain the team on the 2010–11 IRB Sevens World Series circuit. He was awarded the Sydney University Male Blue of the Year in 2011. He was also named the 2011 Australian Sevens Player of the Year. Foley is of Irish descent on his father's side.
In July 2015, Foley signed a three year flexible contract with the Australian Rugby Union, becoming the first player to sign such a deal; this contract will enable him to play two seasons of rugby in Japan, whilst remaining eligible to represent the Wallabies.
- "Bernard Foley named Male Blue of the Year". Sydney University Football Club. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Robina, Georgina. "Foley happy to take the Sevens sidestep onto a bigger stage". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax. Retrieved 21 March 2013.
- """My dad follows the family history very closely, and we definitely come from Cork or Munster territory."". The42.ie, AFP. 2015-10-15. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- Taylor, Matthew. "Bernard Foley inks landmark three-year flexible contract with Australian Rugby Union". Daily Telegraph. News Corporation. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Bernard Foley signs flexible contract with Wallabies and Waratahs". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Bernard Foley signs three year flexible contract with Australian Rugby Union". rugby.com.au. Australian Rugby Union. Retrieved 6 March 2017.