He is also noted for his recordings of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Roberts' recording of the Well-Tempered Clavier, Books 1 and 2, performed on piano, was released in 1999 by Nimbus Records and was well received. Roberts also has recorded Bach's Six Partitas, BWV 825–30, and his French Suites, BWV 812–17. In collaboration with other performers, Roberts released discs of music for one and two pianos by Paul Hindemith and of trios by Frank Bridge.
Roberts commented that although he enjoyed making the Beethoven recordings, he feels his playing was somewhat restrained in the first "direct cut" recording.
- "Bernard Roberts - Obituary". Telegraph.co.uk. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2020.
- Performing Music in the Age of Recording. p. 46.
- Bernard Roberts' official page, courtesy of his representative
- Chetham's School of Music page on Bernard Roberts
- Review of Roberts' "Well-Tempered Clavier" recording at The J.S. Bach Home Page
- Review of Roberts' recording of Bach's Partitas at bach-cantatas.com
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a British classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|