||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
11 September 1919|
Croydon, London, England
|Died||9 May 2003
Sutton, London, England
(m. 1949; his death 2003)
Bernard Spear (11 September 1919 – 9 May 2003) was an English actor.
Spear starred in the BAFTA TV Award-winning television play Bar Mitzvah Boy, and also played the dual roles of Cervantes's manservant and Sancho Panza in the 1968 London stage version of Man of La Mancha. His film career includes roles in the films Drop Dead Darling (1966), Bedazzled (1967), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968), The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972), Secrets of a Door-to-Door Salesman (1972), Wombling Free (1977) and Yentl (1983).
Spear married Mary Newton in 1949; the couple had one child, Julian, a director of TurnerSpear Ltd (an independent promotion company for television and radio), who is married to actress Carol Royle. Spear and Newton remained married until Spear's death in 2003.
- Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1966) - Man with Carrier bag
- Drop Dead Darling (1966) - French Inspector
- Bedazzled (1967) - Irving Moses
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) - Second Spy
- Hide and Seek (1972) - Fruit vendor
- The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972) - Cabbie
- Secrets of a Door-to-Door Salesman (1973) - Jake Tripper
- Gulliver's Travels (1977) - (voice)
- Wombling Free (1977) - Arnold Takahashi
- Yentl (1983) - Tailor
- Not Quite Paradise (1985) - Mr. Schwartz
- The Man Who Cried (2000) - Man in Sweatshop
|This article about a British actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|