|Died||9 May 2003 (aged 83)|
(m. 1949; his death 2003)
Spear starred in the BAFTA TV Award-winning television play Bar Mitzvah Boy, and also played the dual roles of Cervantes's manservant and Sancho Panza in the 1968 London stage version of Man of La Mancha. His film career includes roles in the films Drop Dead Darling (1966), Bedazzled (1967), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968), The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972), Secrets of a Door-to-Door Salesman (1972), Wombling Free (1977) and Yentl (1983).
Spear married dancer/writer Mary Newton/Logan in 1949; the couple had one child, Julian, owner of Julian Spear PR (an independent promotion company for radio & television), who is married to actress Carol Royle.
Bernard and Mary remained married until his death in 2003.
- Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (1966) - Man with Carrier bag
- Drop Dead Darling (1966) - French Inspector
- Bedazzled (1967) - Irving Moses
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) - Second Spy
- Hide and Seek (1972) - Fruit vendor
- The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972) - Cabbie
- Secrets of a Door-to-Door Salesman (1973) - Jake Tripper
- Gulliver's Travels (1977) - (voice)
- Wombling Free (1977) - Arnold Takahashi
- Yentl (1983) - Tailor
- Not Quite Paradise (1985) - Mr. Schwartz
- The Man Who Cried (2000) - Man in Sweatshop
- "Bernard Spear". BFI.
- Skues, Keith (May 22, 2003). "Obituary: Bernard Spear" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "BFI Screenonline: Bar Mitzvah Boy (1976)". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "Bernard Spear | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Actress Carol Royle Son Sam Taran Husband Editorial Stock Photo - Stock Image | Shutterstock". Shutterstock Editorial.
|This article about a British actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|