A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rivavelarde presented in 1999 his first digital exhibition called Escuchando Imágenes (Listening to Images); a proposal to bring together art and graphic design. It offered a selection of images, animations, and interactive artworks. “Listening To Images” received major Spanish awards in graphic and artistic design, such as LAUS and MOBIUS awards. “Listening to Images” debuted at the Valle Quintana Gallery in Madrid. After this first exhibition, Bernardo collaborated musically with the Spanish Electronic Music Duo The Lab (Miguel Lázaro & José Corredera). “Listening to Images” was selected to be part of the exhibition called "Signs of the Century, 100 Years of Graphic Design in Spain" that debuted at the Reina Sofia Museum, Madrid, Spain. “Listening to Images” was selected for the Spanish exhibition "Pasión, Spanish Design" in Berlin.
From 2000 to 2010 Bernardo worked for Nacho Duato, the artistic director for the Compañía Nacional de Danza of Spain. In 2014 Nacho Duato became Artistic Director of Staatsballett (Berlin). Bernardo returned to work for him in April 2014.
In 2003 Rivavelarde created a new exhibition Homodigitalis; a 30 minute animated movie divided into three parts—The Body, The Machine and The Future. Homodigitalis was screened at The National Library of Spain, Madrid, Spain. It also exhibited in Italy, Mexico and Germany. The music was created by The Lab. Homodigitalis the movie was released on DVD and its soundtrack on CD.
In 2005 and 2008 Rivavelarde was selected by the publisher Taschen as a leading graphic designers in Graphic Design for the 21st Century, and Contemporary Graphic Design. Bernardo and Miguel started their own graphics studio in 2000, working for clients such as CBRE Richard Ellis, Adecco, Teatro de la Zarzuela and Renault.
In 2012, Rivavelarde presented his new exhibition Future Nature at the Museum Prince Felipe at The City of Arts and Sciences of Valencia, Spain. Future Nature includes images, sound landscapes, and motion graphics that show a new environment molded by new technologies. It displays the sea, the clouds, the trees, and the earth differently, offering an invitation to think about something new. The Lab composed the sound design. The exhibition was in Valencia from March 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013, but due to success with more than 1.5 million visitors, it was extended until April 14, 2013. Future Nature became a finalist at the 2011 Japan Media Art Festival (Tokyo) and was included in "best of the year category" at 2011 Prix Ars Electronica (Austria). At the end of 2012, Future Nature was selected to be shown in the 2012 Yota Space Festival in Saint Petersburg (Russia).
From 2012 to 2015, Bernardo designed brand identity and communication campaigns for the Zarzuela Theater (Madrid).
In 2017, he was involved in a full-year project designing a book of images for the 40th anniversary of The National Ballet of Spain.
- Escuchando Imágenes (Listening to images) 1998
- Homodigitalis 2003
- Future Nature 2012
- Red dot design award 2014 (Berlin, Germany)
- Future Nature selected into “best of 2011” category at the Prix Ars Electronica (Linz, Austria).
- Future Nature finalist at the 2011 Japan Media Arts Festival (Tokio, Japan).
- Interactive Media Design Review (GB)
- Cannes Festival (France)
- LAUS (Spain)
- MOBIUS (Spain)
- Cámara de Comercio (Spain)
- "Bernardo Rivavelarde: "Entre tanta publicidad, voy a ver si diseño algún contenido..."" (in Spanish). Babab. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- Rivavelarde, Bernardo. "La imagen te da Alas - Bernardo Rivavelarde".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-05-17. Retrieved 2013-09-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Future Nature [www.futurenature.org] - DEFORMA - Cultura online". www.deforma.info.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-07-14. Retrieved 2013-09-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2013-09-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "FUTURE NATURE de BERNARDO RIVAVELARDE en la CAC - Valenciablog". 15 April 2012.
- Montañés, El Diario. "Bernardo Rivavelarde se hace grande". www.eldiariomontanes.es.