This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bernardo M. Villegas is a Filipino writer and economist. He was a member of the Constitutional Commission that drafted the Philippine Constitution under the government of President Corazon Aquino. He has been an advisor of the recent Philippine Presidents. As of 2013[update] he was a professor and senior vice-president at the University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P), the Chairman of the Center for Research and Communication, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Makati Business Club, and visiting professor at IESE.
He is a Certified Public Accountant. He obtained bachelor's degree in Commerce and the Humanities (both Summa Cum Laude) from De La Salle University. He earned his doctorate degree in economics at the Harvard University. He became a teaching fellow at Harvard's College of Arts and Sciences at the age of 21.
Economist and business consultant
Villegas sits on the boards of a large number of Filipino and international corporations in several sectors and industries. He is also a consultant on management development and strategic planning.
He was a member of the founding Executive Board of the Makati Business Club, together with Enrique Zobel and former Ambassador Joe Romero. The MBC is a forum to address economic and social policy issues which affect the development of the Philippines; Villegas remains a member of the Board of Trustees.
He has written seven books, articles in Global Nation, several economics textbooks used in Philippine educational institutions, and books on management.
Villegas received awards including the Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) 1972, Fulbright, Johnson Foundation, Asia Foundation and the Instituto de Cultura Hispanica.
- State of the Philippine Economy
- Strategic Guidelines to Investments in the Philippines
- Challenge in Asia
- The Philippine Economy after the May Elections
- The Outlook of Asia Economic Region
- Book of Values, University of Asia and the Pacific, 1998, ISBN 978-971-8527-40-5
- The Philippine Advantage, University of Asia and the Pacific, 2001, ISBN 978-971-8527-55-9
- A Filipino's vision for recovery: polevaulting to the third millennium, University of Asia and the Pacific Foundation, 1997, ISBN 978-971-8527-37-5
- The Philippines at the threshold of the third millennium, University of Asia and the Pacific in cooperation with Philip Morris Philippines Inc., 2000, ISBN 978-971-8527-52-8
- The Filipino phenomenon, University of Asia and the Pacific Foundation, 1998, ISBN 9789718527443
- Economics and society: policy perspectives for the 1990s, Sinag-Tala Publishers, 1989, ISBN 978-971-11-7074-5
- Manila Standard, December 15, 1988
- http://www.cuervoappraisers.com.ph/uploads/files/Blurb-81_File-34_cv_villegas.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-02. Retrieved 2010-03-31.