Cullmann (left) and his son Carsten
|Date of birth||1 November 1949|
|Place of birth||Rötsweiler, West Germany|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Defender|
|1970–1984||1. FC Köln||341||(29)|
|1972–1973||West Germany U23||3||(0)|
|1972–1978||West Germany B||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He began his footballing career in 1969 with SpVgg Porz, until he was signed by 1. FC Köln in 1970. He played 341 matches in the Bundesliga for them before his retirement on health grounds in 1984. He played 40 matches for the German team between 1973 and 1980, scoring six goals. He participated at the 1974 FIFA World Cup, the 1978 FIFA World Cup, and the victorious UEFA Euro 1980. Between 1991 and 1996 he was on the board of 1. FC Köln. From 1996 until 2011 his son Carsten Cullmann has also played for 1. FC Köln's first and reserve teams.
- West Germany
- "Persönlichkeiten" (in German). roetsweiler-nockenthal.de. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Cullmann, Bernhard" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- Arnhold, Matthias (19 November 2015). "Bernhard Cullmann - Matches and Goals in Bundesliga". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Arnhold, Matthias (19 November 2015). "Bernhard 'Bernd' Cullmann - International Appearances". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Bernhard Cullmann at fussballdaten.de (in German)
- Bernhard Cullmann at WorldFootball.net
- Bernhard Cullmann at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a midfielder born in the 1940s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|