Bernhard Rosenkränzer is the founder and main developer of Ark Linux (later merged into OpenMandriva) and a contributor to various other free software projects such as KDE and OpenOffice.org. To many in the Linux community he is known as "Bero", a concatenation of the first two letters of his given and surnames.
Rosenkränzer entered RWTH Aachen University in 1998, where he studied computer science. Before he started classes, he optimized Red Hat Linux by creating his own Linux distribution known as "BeroLinux". During his studies, he started working for Mandrake Linux (later known as Mandriva). Rosenkränzer later accepted an offer to work for Red Hat Linux as a KDE package developer. However, he quit the job due to differences with Red Hat about the future of KDE in Red Hat.
Currently, Rosenkränzer works at Linaro, an organization dedicated to improving Linux on ARM processors. He also used to work for ROSA Laboratories, a company delivering their own custom brand of Mandriva Linux for the Russian government. As part of this work, Ark Linux has been merged into OpenMandriva.
- Hermann Härtel: Low-cost devices in educational systems: The use of the "XO-Laptop" in the Ethiopian Educational System, GTZ, Eschborn 01/2008, PN 2002.9162.5
- YouTube Video about Linaro improvements to Android 4.0.4, June 1, 2012.
- MACCHIATOBin based DIY ARM Desktop, DragonBoard 820c based DIY ARM Laptop, CNXSoft - Embedded Systems News, October 3, 2017.
- Interview with Bernhard Rosenkraenzer about Ark Linux by Eugenia Loli, OS News, March 13, 2003.
- Interview with Bernhard Rosenkraenzer and other Ark Linux team members by Marc Duerner, ProLinux, July 10, 2003.
- Interview with Bernhard Rosenkraenzer, Desktop Linux, March 24, 2003.
- Article and video about the aarch64 desktop and laptop projects, CNXSoft — Embedded Systems News, October 3, 2017.
- Linaro Website
- OpenMandriva Website
- ROSA Laboratories Web site — A Russian Linux developer company
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|