PinUp Model and Fashion Designer
|Born||Bernadette Belle Souza
January 13, 1970
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Residence||Portland, Oregon, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
Bernie Dexter (born January 13, 1970) is an American model and fashion designer. She is also a pin-up model, published in many magazines.
Bernadette Souza was born in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania to Joe, a retired sailor from the Philippines, and Sherry. When she was 19, she won Miss Teen San Diego County and initially pursued a career in acting and modelling. It was on a shoot in 2002 that Dexter, at the age of 32, was photographed herself by Danielle Bedics. She entered the photographs in the Viva Las Vegas pin-up contest, receiving such a positive response that she decided to make pin-up modelling her career focus.
Dexter was the subject of a painting by Olivia De Berardinis, an artist well known for her Bettie Page artwork and calendars. Olivia painted Bernie with strawberry-blonde hair, though Dexter typically sports Bettie Page's jet-black hair and trademark cropped bangs.
In 2009, Bernie Dexter turned her love for vintage clothing into her own clothing line, the styles are 1940s and 1950s inspired.
- ""Better Than Cheesecake": Bernie Dexter Satisfies With Modern Pinups". Papierdoll. 2007-10-03. Retrieved 2013-10-24.
- Hall, Bridget "Bernie Dexter Retro Pinup Model Finds Her Niche With Classic Cheesecake" Retro Radar November 15, 2005
- "Olivia paints Bernie Dexter & it is in Nov. Playboy Magazine". Archived from the original on February 3, 2012. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- Davis, Ivy (November 12, 2015). "Bernie Dexter brings 40's style back". The Advocate. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Vintage-style Clothing & Accessories". Pin-Up Parade. Retrieved 2013-10-24.