This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He is most known for his mastering work and his studio, Bernie Grundman Mastering, which he opened in 1983 in Hollywood. The studio, which includes engineers Chris Bellman, Patricia Sullivan, Mike Bozzi, and Brian Gardner, mastered 37 projects which received Grammy Award nominations in 2005. In 1997 he opened a studio in Tokyo.
Previously, Grundman worked at Contemporary Records and then was head of the A&M Records mastering department in Los Angeles. Now his studio also has been established in Tokyo, Japan with engineer Yasuji Maeda.
Albums that Grundman mastered
- In 1977 Grundman mastered the 1978 Grammy Award Winner for Best Engineered Non-Classical Recording Aja by Steely Dan.
- In 1982 Grundman mastered Thriller by Michael Jackson
- In 1991, he mastered the album Moment of Truth by Terri Nunn.
- In 1992 Grundman participated in mastering Dr. Dre's début solo album The Chronic.
- In 1995 he's listed on Alien Love Secrets EP by guitarist Steve Vai,
- In 1997 he mastered heavy metal album of Rata Blanca, VII.
- In 2010, he mastered Jacky Cheung album, Private Corner
- In 2014, he mastered Lisa Stansfield's album, Seven and Jennifer Warnes' The Hunter (24 karat gold CD) from her own analog master studio tapes.
- He also mastered Breakaway by Dark Horse Flyer in 2014.
- In 2017, he mastered the analog masters from the Hotel California album by the Eagles into a digital lossless copy that was released that same year.
- Official site
- Mix magazine article on Grundman studio
- ProSoundNews article on 2005 Grammy nominations
- Palisadian-Post Interview
- Interview with Bernie Grundman - NAMM Oral History Library (2011)
|This article about a United States audio engineer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|