Berocca Performance is a formulation of B vitamins, vitamin C plus added magnesium, calcium and zinc. It comes in four flavours, Orange, Mango, Mixed Berries and Tropical.
Dosage and considerations
Berocca causes urine to turn deep yellow in colour – this is due to the excess vitamin B2 (also known as Riboflavin, with "flavus" meaning "yellow" in Latin) being passed via urine.
Berocca ran a series of television commercials in Australia and New Zealand throughout the 1980s and 1990s, using the slogan "B-B-B-Berocca gives you back your B-B-Bounce".
A recent marketing campaign in Australia for Berocca Performance with the slogan "Release the inner geek" targets high school students studying for exams.
In South Africa a "Beready Besharp Berocca" campaign was launched.
Long-running Outdoor (poster) campaigns in the United Kingdom with the slogan "Stay sharp".
In 2008 a television advert was launched featuring people dancing using treadmills similar to OK Go's music video for the 2006 song "Here It Goes Again". The music is "Living on the Ceiling" by the British synthpop band Blancmange, taken from their 1982 album Happy Families.
In March 2011 the Health Department of Australia moved to withdraw the advertising of Berocca for its unsubstantiated claims of providing invigoration. The same department had given Berocca a Healthcare product award in November of 2010.
In June 2014, a 30-second television ad entitled "Mind and Body," featuring Joel McHale and Kali "Muscle" Kirkendall, and backed by the song "Sirius" from the 1982 album "Eye in the Sky" by The Alan Parsons Project, first appeared on US national television and cable networks.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
- "Berocca Supplement Facts" (PDF). bayercare.com. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- As stated on the side of the tablet container.
- "Health ruling a let-down for popular pick-me-up". Theage.com.au. 2011-03-16. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Other Works for Joel McHale". IMDB's other works page for Joel McHale. Internet Movie Database (IMDB). Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Berocca TV Spot, 'Mind and Body' Featuring Joel McHale". The iSpot TV ad info and tracking website. iSpot TV, Inc. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Berocca – official site