Berowra railway station
Northbound view from Platform 3 in November 2011
|Location||Old Pacific Highway, Berowra|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||44.66 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||3 (1 island, 1 side)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||7 April 1887|
|Passengers (2013)||1,750 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Berowra railway station is located on the Main Northern line, serving the Sydney suburb of Berowra. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 North Shore Line services and NSW TrainLink Central Coast & Newcastle Line services.
On 23 October 1983, a passing loop was opened opposite the platform. This allowed suburban services to terminate, and from January 1992, Berowra became the northern boundary of the Sydney suburban network replacing Cowan.
On 28 August 2006, Platform 3 opened on the passing loop as part of the Rail Clearways Program, to allow suburban trains to terminate clear of the running lines. Trains now terminate on the middle Platform 2, allowing through trains to overtake any terminating trains standing in the station. The upgrade also included provision of lifts, a new over-rail bridge for general station access and additional wet weather protection.
Platforms & services
|1||Services to Sydney Central via Strathfield
Morning peak services to Sydney Central via Gordon
|2||Services to Epping, Richmond & Emu Plains via Gordon||terminating services|
|Services to Gosford, Wyong & Newcastle|||
|3||Services to Gosford, Wyong & Newcastle|||
Transdev NSW operate three routes via Berowra station:
- 592: Hornsby station to Mooney Mooney
- 597: to Hornsby station, or the Mt Ku-ring-gai industrial estate (Beaumont road) 
- 599: to Berowra Heights
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Berowra Station NSWrail.net
- "Berowra Railway Station Group". New South Wales Heritage Database. Office of Environment and Heritage.
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest April 1984 page 126
- "CityRail launches new timetable" Railway Digest February 1992 page 45
- Rail Clearways Program - Completed Projects Archived 11 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine Transport for New South Wales
- Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- Cool change helps Sydney firefighters Archived 3 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine ABC News 22 January 2007
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T1: North Shore line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 592". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 597". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 599". Transport for NSW.