Berowra railway station
Northbound view from Platform 3 in November 2011
|Location||Old Pacific Highway, Berowra|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||44.66 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||3 (1 island, 1 side)|
|Opened||7 April 1887|
Berowra railway station is located on the Main Northern line, serving the Sydney suburb of Berowra. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 North Shore Line services and NSW TrainLink Central Coast & Newcastle Line services.
On 23 October 1983, a passing loop was opened opposite the platform. This allowed suburban services to terminate, and from January 1992, Berowra became the northern boundary of the CityRail network replacing Cowan.
On 28 August 2006, Platform 3 opened on the passing loop as part of the CityRail Clearways Project, to allow suburban trains to terminate clear of the running lines. Trains now terminate on the middle Platform 2, allowing through trains to overtake any terminating trains standing in the station. The upgrade also included provision of lifts, a new over-rail bridge for general station access and additional wet weather protection.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central via Strathfield|||
|services to Central via Gordon||morning peak only|
|2||services to Epping, Richmond & Emu Plains via Gordon||terminating services|
|services to Gosford, Wyong & Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|3||services to Gosford, Wyong & Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
Transdev NSW operate three routes via Berowra station:
- Berowra Station NSWrail.net
- Berowra Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest April 1984 page 126
- "CityRail launches new timetable" Railway Digest February 1992 page 45
- Rail Clearways Program - Completed Projects Transport for New South Wales
- Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- Cool change helps Sydney firefighters Archived 3 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. ABC News 22 January 2007
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 5 January 2015.
- "T1: North Shore & Northern line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "Route 592 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 July 2015.
- "Route 597 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 July 2015.
- "Route 599 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 July 2015.