Suggan Buggan, Toonginbooka, Oonginbooka
|Etymology||Aboriginal: meaning "to the south"|
|State||New South Wales, Victoria|
|Region||Australian Alps (IBRA), Snowy Mountains, Victorian Alps|
|Local government areas||Snowy Monaro Regional Council, Shire of East Gippsland|
|Source||Berrima Range, Great Dividing Range|
|⁃ location||Snowy Mountains, New South Wales|
|⁃ elevation||1,030 m (3,380 ft)|
|Mouth||confluence with Freestone Creek to form the Suggan Buggan River|
|Alpine National Park, Victoria|
|695 m (2,280 ft)|
|Length||8 km (5.0 mi)|
|River system||Snowy River catchment|
|National park||Alpine NP|
The Berrima River (in Victoria), also called the Berrima Creek (in New South Wales), is a perennial river of the Snowy River catchment, located in the Alpine region of the Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria.
Course and features
The Berrima River rises below the Berrima Range in a remote alpine wilderness area just north of the Black-Allan Line that forms part of the border between New South Wales and Victoria. The river flows generally south, before reaching its confluence with the Freestone Creek to form the Suggan Buggan River in the Shire of East Gippsland, within the Alpine National Park in Victoria. The river descends 336 metres (1,102 ft) over its 8-kilometre (5.0 mi) course.
- "Berrima River: 10548". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Archived from the original on 12 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Berrima Creek". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Map of Berrima River". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Snowy River National Park". Explore national parks. Parks Victoria. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Snowy River National Park: park notes" (PDF). Parks Victoria. November 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Snowy River sub-catchment". East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- "Snowy River - Catchment Map" (map). East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority (2013). East Gippsland regional catchment strategy 2013 -2019 (PDF). Bairnsdale: East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. ISBN 978-0-9758164-6-2.