Berryessa station (BART)
Station under construction on March 4, 2017
|Location||San Jose, California
United States of America
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Opening||Fall 2017 or 2018|
The $2.3-billion extension has two stations, and broke ground in 2012 with completion expected in 2016.
The site is adjacent to the San Jose Flea Market. The 52-acre (21 ha) station will have an elevated island platform, a seven-story parking structure with 1,200 spaces, and a 10-bay bus transit center. VTA received a $900 million grant for federal funding for the $2.3-billion Silicon Valley Extension in 2012.
- Richards, Gary (July 27, 2016). "Roadshow: BART may start running to San Jose in late 2017". San Jose Mercury News.
Can we really expect BART to San Jose by next year? … A That's what the Valley Transportation Authority insists, even though its website lists 2018.
- "Timeline - Berryessa Extension Project Timeline". Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA). Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Baldassari, Erin (March 22, 2017). "BART Riders: Relief is on the way with Warm Springs Station". East Bay Times. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
the opening of Warm Springs/South Fremont station on Saturday
- Richards, Gary. "Next target: Extending BART under downtown San Jose". San Jose Mercury News. Archived from the original on September 24, 2016.
Construction begins this spring, with 2016 completion date... Source: VTA
- Bus service will connect to downtown. The station will be served by the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), Santa Cruz Metro (Highway 17 Express), Monterey-Salinas Transit, SMART, and San Benito County Transit buses in addition to employer shuttles.Herhold, Scott. "DASH shuttle gives way to new VTA bus". San Jose Mercury News.
the VTA is in the middle of a wrenching change of its service... Source: VTA
- Future Berryessa Station Campus - Winter 2015-2016 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. December 21, 2015. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
parking garage, which will house about 1200 parking spaces... Source: BART Silicon Valley
- Future Berryessa BART Station Campus - Fall 2016 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. November 8, 2016. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
on the second floor of the sevel-level parking garage... Source: BART Silicon Valley
- "VTA and FTA Seal the Deal for BART Silicon Valley" (pdf) (Press release). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. March 12, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Berryessa BART Station". BART Silicon Valley. Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in San Francisco is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|