Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
|Berserk and the Band of the Hawk|
PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing, musou|
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, known in Japan as Berserk Musou (Japanese: ベルセルク無双 Hepburn: Beruseruku Musō), is a musou game developed by Omega Force and published by Koei Tecmo for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Microsoft Windows. It is a collaboration between Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors video game series and Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga series. Berserk and the Band of the Hawk was released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, as well as PlayStation 3 in Japan on October 27, 2016, and was released for Microsoft Windows internationally in February 2017.
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk mixes the hack-and-slash gameplay of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series of video games, with the setting and characters from the Berserk manga series by Kentaro Miura.
The game follows the story of the manga series, starting in the Golden Age Arc and ending in the Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc.
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk was first revealed in a short promotion video by Koei Tecmo on June 12, 2016, prior to Electronic Entertainment Expo 2016. A release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, as well as PlayStation 3 in Japan and Microsoft Windows in western territories, were confirmed. A week later, on June 20, a flyer was sent out in Japan, which confirmed a September 21 release in the country. In an interview, producer Hisashi Koinuma ensured fans that the team aims for a CERO D rating for the game in Japan and will do anything to avoid a CERO Z rating. The Z rating is the equivalent of the "Adults Only" rating by the North American board ESRB. On July 15, 2016, Koei Tecmo revealed that the western version of the game was planned to release in Fall 2016. However, when the game's official localized name was revealed, Koei Tecmo announced new release dates, being February 21, 2017 for North America and February 24, 2017 for Europe.
Destructoid awarded it a score of 8 out of 10, saying "Seeing the story continue past the Golden Age is enough for an enthusiast to buy in. Otherwise, wait for the price to match what's being offered."
The PlayStation 4 version has sold 32,751 copies in Japan, while PC version has sold 24,904 copies.
- Sal Romano (2016-06-12). "Koei Tecmo announces Berserk for PS4, PS3, PS Vita, and PC". Gematsu. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- Sal Romano (2016-06-20). "Koei Tecmo's Berserk launches September 21 in Japan". Gematsu. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "【E3 2016】史上最凶の無双が登場！謎に満ちた「ベルセルク無双」について鯉沼久史プロデューサーにインタビュー". Gamer. 2016-06-20. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "The Berserk Warriors game will launch this year in the west". Destructoid. 2016-07-15. Retrieved 2016-07-15.
- "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk launches February 21 in North America, February 24 in Europe". Gematsu. 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Giuseppe Nelva (2016-06-23). "Berserk for PS4/PS Vita/PS3/PC Gets First Bloody 1080p Screenshots and Full Trailer; Looks Awesome". DualShockers. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- http://nichegamer.com/2016/10/27/western-pre-order-bonuses-combat-styles-new-gameplay-revealed-for-berserk-musou/. Missing or empty
- "Sony Reveals PS4 Pro Enhanced Japanese Games: Yakuza 6, Valkyria, Berserk, Nights of Azure 2 and More". DualShockers. 2016-11-10. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-with-bonus/cid=UP4108-CUSA07478_00-BERHAWKWITHBONUS. Missing or empty
- "For Honor for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- Carter, Chris (February 21, 2017). "Review: Berserk and the Band of the Hawk". Destructoid. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- Romano, Sal (October 18, 2016). "Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1455"". Gematsu. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- Miguel, Concepcion (February 21, 2017). "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk Review". GameSpot. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Defreitas, Casey (February 21, 2017). "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk Review". IGN. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Sato (November 9, 2016). "This Week In Sales: Kamehamehas, 360 No Scopes, And A Side Of Alchemy". Siliconera. Retrieved November 9, 2016.