|Full name||Albert Henry Gook|
|Date of birth||c. 1914|
|Date of death||15 December 1964 (aged 50)|
|Place of death||Dianella, Western Australia|
|Original team(s)||South Perth|
|Height / weight||178 cm / 70 kg|
|Representative team honours|
|1934–1938||Western Australia||7 (20)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1940.
Albert Henry "Bert" Gook (c. 1914 – 15 December 1964) was an Australian rules footballer who played for the Perth Football Club[a] in the Western Australian National Football League (WANFL). He was the league's leading goalkicker in 1939.
Gook began his career with South Perth in the Band of Hope Association, His senior debut for Perth came in 1933. Playing either as a centreman or at full-forward, he became known as a goal-kicking specialist, leading the club's goalkicking from the 1934 season through to the 1939 season. Gook led the WANFL's goalkicking in 1939, kicking 102 goals from 18 games. This included hauls of 10 goals against Swan Districts and 16 goals against West Perth.Both his season tally and his tally against West Perth are club records. Gook also represented the WANFL in seven interstate and carnival matches between 1934 and 1938, kicking 20 goals, including six against the VFL in 1938. In his final season, 1940, he took out Perth's best and fairest award, playing mainly as a centreman. In 1941, Gook suffered a fractured skull and leg in a motorcycle accident while riding pillion on Scarborough Road, with the motorcyclist, Alexander Brown Burton Stevens, being killed. A benefit match was held in October 1941 for he and another footballer, J. Hulme of Swan Districts, who had also been injured in a road accident. Gook died in Dianella in December 1964, aged 50. In 1999, Gook was named at full-forward in Perth's Team of the Century.
- a The current Perth Football Club was known as the "Victoria Park Football Club" in the 1934 and 1935 seasons.
- THE STATE TEAM. 23 PLAYERS CHOSEN. MATCHES AGAINST S.A." – The West Australian. Published Monday, 9 July 1934. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- "Band of Hope Association" – The West Australian. Published Monday, 26 February 1934. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- "PERTH WINS AGAIN. Ten Goals to Gook." – The West Australian. Published Monday, 22 May 1939. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- "BERT GOOK'S ORGY OF GOAL-KICKING" – The Sunday Times. Published Sunday, 30 April 1939. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- "Injured footballer" – The Sunday Times. Published Sunday, 2 March 1941. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- "MOTOR CYCLIST'S DEATH" – The West Australian. Published Friday, 16 May 1941. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- FOOTBALL. Benefit match on Sunday" – The West Australian. Published Thursday, 16 October 1941. Retrieved from Trove, 30 September 2011.
- ALBERT HENRY GOOK – Metropolitan Cemeteries Board. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- Perth Official 'Team of the Century' – FullPointsFooty. Retrieved 30 September 2011.