|(what is this?)|
It was discovered by Cambridge Antibody Technology using their phage display technology. Named CAT-213 during early discovery and development by CAT, it was to be used to treat severe allergic disorders.
In January 2007, CAT licensed the drug for treatment of allergy disorders to iCo Therapeutics Inc. iCo Therapeutics Inc. is a Vancouver-based reprofiling company focused on redosing or reformulating drugs with clinical history for new or expanded indications - a so-called 'search and development company'.
In March 2008, iCo announced iCo-008 had been in 126 patients in Phase I and II clinical trials. The drug substance had been manufactured by Lonza, in its cGMP facilities in Slough, UK. Subsequently, iCo moved the drug substance to a fill-finish site for the final stage of manufacturing. iCo reported that the iCo-008 drug product was within specifications and contained a high antibody yield.
- Main S, Handy R, Wilton J, Smith S, Williams L, Fou LD, et al. (December 2006). "A potent human anti-eotaxin1 antibody, CAT-213: isolation by phage display and in vitro and in vivo efficacy". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 319 (3): 1395–404. doi:10.1124/jpet.106.110734. PMID 16973884. S2CID 20865759.
- Ding C, Li J, Zhang X (November 2004). "Bertilimumab Cambridge Antibody Technology Group". Current Opinion in Investigational Drugs. 5 (11): 1213–8. PMID 15573873.
- "Cambridge Antibody Tech. licenses monoclonal antibody for treatment of allergy disorders to iCo". iCo Therapeutics. Archived from the original on 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "iCo Therapeutics". iCo Therapeutics. Archived from the original on 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "iCo008". iCo Therapeutics. Archived from the original on 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "iCo Therapeutics Provides iCo-008 Phase II Clinical Update". iCo Therapeutics. Archived from the original on 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2009-08-01.