Laquait training with Évian in 2011
|Date of birth||13 April 1977|
|Place of birth||Vichy, France|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2006–2007||→ Recreativo (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Born in Vichy, Laquait started his professional career with AS Nancy in Ligue 2, appearing in only two games in his first year in a final promotion to Ligue 1, and adding five the following season. He was first-choice in the following two campaigns, the last one spent in the second division.
In the 2002 summer Laquait joined R. Charleroi S.C. in Belgium, starting for the Zèbres from his second season onwards. On 21 December 2003 he scored from his goal against R.A.E.C. Mons, and was nominated for the campaign's Belgian Goalkeeper of the Year award, eventually losing to Silvio Proto of R.A.A. Louviéroise.
Laquait spent 2006–07 on loan to Recreativo de Huelva in Spain, making his La Liga debut on 14 October 2006 in a 1–2 away loss against Atlético Madrid (45 minutes played). During the season, he played understudy to Javier López Vallejo, and failed to appear in the league for Charleroi upon his return, leaving the club in June 2009.
Aged 32, Laquait returned to his country and signed for Évian Thonon Gaillard F.C. in Championnat National, being first-choice as the team achieved two consecutive promotions. On 1 October 2011 he played his first match in the top flight in more than 11 years, a 1–1 draw at his first professional team Nancy.
- "Bolat, Proto, Laquait ou... Capogrosso ? (video)" [Bolat, Proto, Laquait or... Capogrosso? (video)] (in French). DHnet. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Kompany crowned Pro Football Player of the Year!". R.S.C. Anderlecht. 21 May 2005. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Recreativo land Laquait". Sky Sports. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Bertrand Laquait quitte Charleroi, direction Croix de Savoie" [Bertrand Laquait leaves Charleroi, headed to Croix de Savoie] (in French). 7 Sur 7. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Bertrand Laquait en Ligue 1 avec son club d'Evian" [Bertrand Laquait in Ligue 1 with his club Evian] (in French). La Nouvelle Gazette. 21 May 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2011.