Berwind Lake Wildlife Management Area
|Berwind Lake Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
|Elevation||1,903 ft (580.0 m)|
|Area||85 acres (34.4 ha) |
|Owner||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|Nearest city||War, West Virginia|
Berwind Lake Wildlife Management Area is located on 85 acres (340,000 m2) near War in McDowell County, West Virginia. The wildlife management area is centered on 20-acre (81,000 m2) Berwind Lake.
Berwind Lake WMA used to be one of the largest wildlife management areas in the state, encompassing over 18,000 acres (73 km2), but much of this land was lost after the Berwind Lake Company lease under which it was operated expired.
- "District 4 Wildlife Management Areas". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "Berwind Lake Wildlife Management Area". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. Archived from the original on February 11, 2012. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- Berwind Lake WMA Public Meeting June 24, accessed March 31, 2008.
- West Virginia DNR District 4 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations
|This article about a location in McDowell County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|