|• Total||1.9 sq mi (4.8 km2)|
|• Land||1.9 sq mi (4.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||520 ft (160 m)|
|• Density||2,000/sq mi (760/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||610 and 484|
|GNIS feature ID||1169323|
At times, the village has been called Cocheltown, Reeseville, Glassley and Gaysville. The town received its present name in 1877 during the celebration of its centennial when one of the Welsh settlers proposed to name the village after the Berwyn Hills overlooking the Valley of the Dee River in Denbighshire, Wales.
Berwyn is home of the Footlighters' Theater, a non-profit theater that has provided entertainment for over 80 years. Footlighters' Theater is the oldest community theater on the Philadelphia Main Line.
Points of interest are Teegarden Park and Glen Brook Farm.
The public school system is Tredyffrin/Easttown School District. Schools serving portions of the Berwyn CDP are Beaumont and Devon elementary schools in Easttown Township and Hillside Elementary School in Tredyffrin Township.
The district operates two middle schools, Tredyffrin/Easttown and Valley Forge, both in Tredyffrin Township. Conestoga High School, located in Tredyffrin, near the Berwyn CDP, serves the CDP; as does Tredyffrin-Easttown Middle School.
- Harold Barron, Olympic silver medallist
- Jake Cohen, American/Israeli professional basketball player for Maccabi Tel Aviv
- David Eisenhower and Julie Nixon Eisenhower
- Rachelle Ferrell, Six-octave range recording artist
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Berwyn CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- US Geological Survey 7.5 minute topographic map series
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Berwyn CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Footlighters' Theater History" Foolighters' Theater, retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Berwyn CDP, PA." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on October 9, 2018.
- "TESDmap2015.pdf." Tredyffrin/Easttown School District. Retrieved on October 9, 2018.
- "Johnson Park." Easttown Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Retrieved on October 9, 2018. "The park is located at 122 Bridge Avenue in Berwyn."
- Bennett, Kitty. Svengoolie (TV host) "Where Are They Now? Julie and David Eisenhower", AARP Bulletin, December 22, 2010. p. 1.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Berwyn (Pennsylvania).|