|• Total||1.9 sq mi (4.8 km2)|
|• Land||1.9 sq mi (4.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||520 ft (160 m)|
|• Density||2,000/sq mi (760/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||610 and 484|
|GNIS feature ID||1169323|
At times, the village has been called Cocheltown, Reeseville, Glassley and Gaysville. The town received its present name in 1877 during the celebration of its centennial when one of the Welsh settlers proposed to name the village after the Berwyn Hills overlooking the Valley of the Dee River in Denbighshire, Wales.
Berwyn is home of the Footlighters' Theater, a non-profit theater that has provided entertainment for over 80 years. Footlighters' Theater is the oldest community theater on the Philadelphia Main Line.
Points of interest include the Easttown Public Library, the Upper Main Line YMCA, Teegarden Park and Glen Brook Farm.
The Easttown Public Library was founded in 1905 and is a member of the Chester County Library System which consists of the 18 public libraries in the county. The Upper Main Line YMCA was founded in 1962 and sits on the former 124-acre summer estate owned by investment banker J. Gardner Cassatt, the brother of famed painter Mary Cassatt and railroad magnate Alexander Cassatt.
The public school system is Tredyffrin/Easttown School District. Schools serving portions of the Berwyn CDP are Beaumont and Devon elementary schools in Easttown Township and Hillside Elementary School in Tredyffrin Township.
The district operates two middle schools, Tredyffrin/Easttown and Valley Forge, both in Tredyffrin Township. Conestoga High School, located in Tredyffrin, near the Berwyn CDP, serves the CDP; as does Tredyffrin-Easttown Middle School.
Also, Crabby Creek Park, in Berwyn, is operated by the township government. It is a 48 acre park, located off Walnut Lane at Bodine Road in Berwyn, which serves as passive open space and a stream corridor buffer for Crabby Creek
- Harold Barron, Olympic silver medallist
- Jake Cohen, American/Israeli professional basketball player for Maccabi Tel Aviv
- David Eisenhower and Julie Nixon Eisenhower
- Rachelle Ferrell, Six-octave range recording artist
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Berwyn CDP, Pennsylvania". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- US Geological Survey 7.5 minute topographic map series
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Berwyn CDP, Pennsylvania". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Footlighters' Theater History" Foolighters' Theater, retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Berwyn CDP, PA." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on October 9, 2018.
- "TESDmap2015.pdf." Tredyffrin/Easttown School District. Retrieved on October 9, 2018.
- "2012 Catholic grade school consolidations/closings". Catholicphilly.com. July 15, 2012. Retrieved April 22, 2020.
- "Johnson Park." Easttown Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Retrieved on October 9, 2018. "The park is located at 122 Bridge Avenue in Berwyn."
- "Township Parks and Open Space | Tredyffrin Township". www.tredyffrin.org. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- Bennett, Kitty.
Svengoolie (TV host)
- Lisa Schlitt, six-day Jeopardy champion
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Berwyn (Pennsylvania).|