Berwyn station (SEPTA)
|SEPTA regional rail|
|Location||15 Cassatt Avenue
and Lancaster Avenue
|Line(s)||Keystone Corridor (Main Line)
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||SEPTA Suburban Bus: 106|
|Parking||140 spaces (88 daily, 28 permit, 24 remote permit)|
|Bicycle facilities||4 racks (8 spaces)|
|Electrified||September 11, 1915|
|Passengers (2011)||261 (weekday boardings)|
Berwyn station is a commuter rail station in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, served by SEPTA Regional Rail. Located at Cassatt Avenue and Lancaster Pike, it provides service to the western suburbs of Philadelphia. Most Paoli/Thorndale Line trains run through the station.
The station was built in 1884 by the Pennsylvania Railroad, and currently houses The Frame Station Gallery, "a full service gallery and framing design center." The station, platforms, and canopy were recently restored. A bridge over the tracks that formerly carried cars on Cassatt Avenue was converted into a pedestrian-only bridge.
The ticket office at this station is open weekdays from 5:45 a.m. to 1:10 p.m. excluding holidays. There are 140 parking spaces including SEPTA permit parking at the station.
This station is wheelchair-accessible with short lengths of high-level platforms on both sides of the tracks. The platforms have bridge plates which allow a wheelchair to cross the gap between the platform and the train when it is stopped at the platform.
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 21, 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Existing Railroad Stations in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Tatnall, Frank (Fall 2015). "A Century of Catenary". Classic Trains. 16 (3): 26.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 February 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Frame Station gallery website
|This Pennsylvania train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to SEPTA is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|