Berwyn Township, Cook County, Illinois
Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||3.90 sq mi (10.11 km2)|
|• Land||3.90 sq mi (10.11 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||610 ft (186 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||55,748|
|• Density||14,515/sq mi (5,604.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Berwyn Township, with a population of 56,657 (2010 census) and over 22,000 households includes the area bounded on the north by Roosevelt Road, on the south by Pershing Road (39th Street), on the east by Lombard Avenue (west side of the street only), and on the west by Harlem Avenue (east side of the street only).
Berwyn Township was established by the Illinois Legislature in 1922 as one of the few coterminous townships in the state. The Berwyn Public Health District was established at the same time. The Township and the Berwyn Public Health District are two separate and distinct governmental bodies with separate governing Boards. The Township and Public Health District moved to their present headquarters at 6600 W. 26th Street in 1939. Built for $50,000, construction of the building was made possible by federal grants under the Works Progress Administration (WPA). 
- Cicero Township (east)
- Oak Park Township (north)
- Riverside Township (southeast)
- Lyons Township (southwest)
- Proviso Township (northwest)
- Stickney Township (south)
- "Berwyn Township Official Website".
- "Berwyn Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifier: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Berwyn township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- Sohl, Shannon N.; Bannovetz, James M. (May 2014). "Too Many Governments in Illinois? What is the Impact on Townships?" (PDF). Policy Profiles. Northern Illinois University. 13 (1): 1–15. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.