Bessie can be a surname, a nickname (diminutive), and a woman's given name. Bessie is an English diminutive of Elizabeth, Beatrice, or Bessandra, and has been so used since the 16th century. Bessie is sometimes used as a name in its own right, rather than an informal diminutive.
Bessie may refer to:
- A common or stereotypical name for cows or horses
- Bessie, a stuffed Beanie Baby cow toy
- Bessie (lake monster), a lake monster in Lake Erie
- Bessie (narrowboat), a boat in the West Country Living Museum, England
- Bessie Awards in dance, the New York Dance and Performance Awards
- Bessie Smith, American blues singer
- Bessie Love, stage name of American film actress Juanita Horton
- Alvah Bessie, screenwriter blacklisted as one of the Hollywood Ten
- Diamond Bessie, murdered prostitute
- Bessie Coleman, first African-American female aviator
- Bessilyn Johnson, woman who inspired Scotty's Castle
- A car used on the science fiction television series Doctor Who
- Bessie, an asphalt-paver character in the movie Cars
- Bessie Higgenbottom, titular character of the Nickelodeon TV channel cartoon, The Mighty B!
- Besant Nagar, a neighborhood of the Indian city of Chennai
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bessie.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.