||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
BestCrypt for Windows v9.0
|Developer(s)||Jetico Inc, Oy|
9.03.1 / September 29, 2016
|Available in||English, Arabic, Chinese simplified, Czech, Dutch, Persian, French, German, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish|
|Type||Disk encryption software|
BestCrypt is a commercial disk encryption app for Windows, Linux and OS X, developed by Jetico Inc, Oy. BestCrypt comes in two editions: Volume Encryption edition, which encrypts entire disk volumes; and Container Encryption edition, which encrypts virtual disks stored as computer files. It also provides the complimentary data erasure utility BCWipe.
BestCrypt supports a wide variety of block cipher algorithms including AES, Serpent, Blowfish, Twofish, DES, Triple DES, GOST 28147-89. All ciphers support CBC and LRW modes of operation while AES, Twofish and Serpent also support XTS mode.
- Create and mount a virtual drive encrypted using AES, Blowfish, Twofish, CAST-128 and various other encryption methods. BestCrypt v.8 and higher can alternatively mount a subfolder on a NTFS disk instead of a drive. Encrypted virtual disk images are compatible across Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Encrypt a set of files into a single, self-extracting archive.
- Transparently encrypt entire partitions or volumes together with pre-boot authentication for encrypted boot partitions.
- Two-factor authentication.
- Support for size-efficient Dynamic Containers with the Smart Free Space Monitoring technology.
- Hardware accelerated encryption.
- Anti-keylogging facilities to protect container and volume passwords.
- Data erasure utility BCWipe to erase unprotected copies of data to complement encryption.
- Secret sharing and Public Key authentication methods in addition to basic password-based authentication.