This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
BestCrypt for Windows v9.0
|Developer(s)||Jetico Inc, Oy|
9.03.16 / December 11, 2018
|Available in||English, Arabic, Chinese simplified, Czech, Dutch, Persian, French, German, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish|
|Type||Disk encryption software|
BestCrypt is a commercial disk encryption app for Windows, Linux and OS X, developed by Jetico Inc, Oy. BestCrypt comes in two editions: Volume Encryption edition, which encrypts entire disk volumes; and Container Encryption edition, which encrypts virtual disks stored as computer files. It also provides the complimentary data erasure utility BCWipe.
BestCrypt supports a wide variety of block cipher algorithms including AES, Serpent, Blowfish, Twofish, DES, Triple DES, GOST 28147-89. All ciphers support CBC and LRW modes of operation while AES, Twofish and Serpent also support XTS mode.
- Create and mount a virtual drive encrypted using AES, Blowfish, Twofish, CAST-128 and various other encryption methods. BestCrypt v.8 and higher can alternatively mount a subfolder on a NTFS disk instead of a drive. Encrypted virtual disk images are compatible across Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Encrypt a set of files into a single, self-extracting archive.
- Transparently encrypt entire partitions or volumes together with pre-boot authentication for encrypted boot partitions.
- Two-factor authentication.
- Support for size-efficient Dynamic Containers with the Smart Free Space Monitoring technology.
- Hardware accelerated encryption.
- Anti-keylogging facilities to protect container and volume passwords.
- Data erasure utility BCWipe to erase unprotected copies of data to complement encryption.
- Secret sharing and Public Key authentication methods in addition to basic password-based authentication.