Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor
(Redirected from Best Actor Award (Cannes Film Festival))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Best Actor Award|
Prix d'interprétation masculine
|Presented by||Festival International du Film de Cannes|
The Cannes Best Actor Award (French: Prix d'interprétation masculine) is an award presented at the Cannes Film Festival. It is chosen by the jury from the 'official section' of movies at the festival. It was first awarded in 1946.
Multiple award winners
- Marcello Mastroianni (Italy) - The Pizza Triangle (1970), Dark Eyes (1987)
- Jack Lemmon (USA) - The China Syndrome (1979), Missing (1982)
- Dean Stockwell (USA) - Compulsion (1959), Long Day's Journey into Night (1962)
- This year the award was changed to Prix d'Interprétation (Acting Award), without gender differentiation. The entire male and female cast of Bolshaya Semya was recipient of this award (Tied with Spencer Tracy).
- This year the award was changed to Prix d'Interprétation (Acting Award), without gender differentiation, and it was a woman who won the award (Susan Hayward for I'll Cry Tomorrow).