Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album
|Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album|
|Awarded for||quality traditional blues albums|
|Presented by||National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences|
|Currently held by||Bobby Rush, Rawer Than Raw (2021)|
The Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album was awarded from 1983 to 2011 and from 2017 onwards. Until 1992 the award was known as Best Traditional Blues Performance and was twice awarded to individual tracks rather than albums.
The award was discontinued after the 2011 Grammy season in a major overhaul of Grammy categories. From 2012 onwards, the category was merged with the Best Contemporary Blues Album category to form the new Best Blues Album category. However, in 2016 the Grammy organisation decided to revert the situation back to the pre-2012 era, with two separate categories for traditional and contemporary blues recordings respectively.
Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were handed out, for music released in the previous year.
|1983||Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown||Alright Again|
|1984||B.B. King||Blues 'N' Jazz|
|1985||John P. Hammond, Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Sugar Blue, Koko Taylor & the Blues Machine, Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson & J.B. Hutto & the New Hawks||Blues Explosion|
|1986||B.B. King||"My Guitar Sings the Blues"|
|1987||Albert Collins, Robert Cray & Johnny Copeland||Showdown!|
|1988||Professor Longhair||Houseparty New Orleans Style|
|1989||Willie Dixon||Hidden Charms|
|1990||John Lee Hooker & Bonnie Raitt||"I'm in the Mood"|
|1991||B.B. King||Live at San Quentin|
|1992||B.B. King||Live at the Apollo|
|1993||Dr. John||Goin' Back to New Orleans|
|1994||B.B. King||Blues Summit|
|1995||Eric Clapton||From the Cradle|
|1996||John Lee Hooker||Chill Out|
|1997||James Cotton||Deep in the Blues|
|1998||John Lee Hooker||Don't Look Back|
|1999||Otis Rush||Any Place I'm Going|
|Ramblin' Jack Elliott||A Stranger Here|
|Pinetop Perkins & Willie "Big Eyes" Smith||Joined at the Hip|
|Bobby Rush||Porcupine Meat|
|The Rolling Stones||Blue & Lonesome|
|Buddy Guy||The Blues Is Alive and Well|
|Delbert McClinton & the Self-Made Men + Dana||Tall, Dark and Handsome|
|Bobby Rush||Rawer Than Raw|
- "THE RECORDING ACADEMY® ANNOUNCES RULE AMENDMENTS AND DATES F". Grammy.org. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Complete List of Nominees for the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards". E!Online. December 2, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- "Grammy Awards 2011: Winners and nominees for 53rd Grammy Awards". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- "Grammys 2017: Complete list of winners and nominees". Los Angeles Times. February 12, 2017. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- Lynch, Joe (November 28, 2017). "Grammys 2018: See the Complete List of Nominees". Billboard. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- "61st Annual GRAMMY Awards". GRAMMY.com. December 6, 2018.
- 2020 Grammy Awards nominations list
- 2021 Nominations List
- "Looking Ahead To The 2021 GRAMMYs". GRAMMY.com. 2020-08-19. Retrieved 2021-03-14.
- Grammy Awards – Past Winners Search As noted in this article: search years are offset by one year.