Best Worst Movie
|Best Worst Movie|
Theatrical release cover
|Directed by||Michael Stephenson|
|Produced by||Lindsay Stephenson
Jason F. Wright
|Distributed by||Magicstone Productions|
Best Worst Movie is an American documentary film about making the 1990 horror film Troll 2 and its subsequent recent resurgence as a cult film. Directed by Michael Stephenson, the child star of Troll 2, the film debuted March 14, 2009. Best Worst Movie was released on DVD on November 16, 2010, distributed by New Video Group. The same DVD will be included in the first 5,000 copies of Scream Factory's upcoming Blu-ray double feature of Troll and Troll 2, to be released November 17, 2015.
After completing and watching Troll 2, Stephenson became embarrassed by the movie. However, thanks to Myspace, he began to realize that the film had gained a cult following and was often listed as of various favorite movies of users on the site. According to Stephenson, the turning point came in April 2006 stating "'I woke up one morning with a really warm feeling and I was smiling ear to ear. I was next to my wife and I said, "I am the child star of the worst movie ever made…there's a story here'"
Not all participants in Troll 2 were as eager as Stephenson to revisit the movie. Stephenson noted that he had trouble convincing actors Don Packard and Connie Young to be included in the project, although he was eventually able to convince both to appear in it.
- George Hardy as Himself
- Lily Hardy as Herself
- Pita Ray as Herself
- Micki Knox as Herself
- Tommy Bice as Himself, Superintendent, Alexander City Schools
- Lila Graves as Herself, George's Friend
- Laura Gulledge as Herself, George's Friend
- Merry Hardy as Herself, George's Ex-Wife
- Barbara H. Young as Herself, Mayor of Alexander City
|This section requires expansion. (September 2012)|
Roger Ebert awarded Best Worst Movie three out of a possible four stars. The film also currently holds a 95% approval rating, based on 56 reviews, on the website Rotten Tomatoes. The AV Club gave the film a "B" rating.
- "Best & Worst of 2009: David Harley Picks His Top 10!". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Troll / Troll 2 [with Best Worst Movie on DVD]". Shout! Factory. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Hill, Katrina. "How the star of Troll 2 stopped worrying and learned to love being in the worst movie of all time". Io9. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Ebert, Roger (July 28, 2010). "Best Worst Movie Movie Review (2010)". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Best Worst Movie at Rotten Tomatoes
- Tobias, Scott (April 22, 2010). "Best Worst Movie". The A.V. Club. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
|This article about a documentary film about the arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|