Best of Intentions
|"Best of Intentions"|
|Single by Travis Tritt|
|from the album Down the Road I Go|
|Released||June 26, 2000|
|Format||CD Single, Cassingle|
|Label||Columbia Nashville 12778|
|Producer(s)||Billy Joe Walker Jr.|
|Travis Tritt singles chronology|
"Best of Intentions" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Travis Tritt. It was released in June 2000 as the first single from his album, Down the Road I Go. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and peaked at number 27 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, his highest charting single to date. It also became Tritt's first Number One single since "Foolish Pride" in 1994, and the last Number One hit of his career.
The song is a ballad in which the narrator discusses about his best intentions which never materialized into the life he had always planned to build for his significant other.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that it is a "gorgeous ballad" and that "the song boasts a sweet melody and tender lyric." Price goes on to say that it is a "stirring anthem of devotion that will likely strike a chord with country listeners."
The music video for "Best of Intentions" was filmed at Tennessee State Penitentiary, where movies such as Marie, Ernest Goes to Jail, Last Dance and The Green Mile were filmed. It features Tritt portraying a prison inmate, scenes also feature him singing the song, and sitting on his stool.
"Best of Intentions" debuted at number 62 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 1, 2000.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3[A]|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||27|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||40|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||48|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 427–428. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, July 1, 2000
- A Prison Break
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3976." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 6, 2000. Retrieved August 18, 2016.
- "Travis Tritt Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Travis Tritt Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2000: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2000. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.