Best of Scorpions
|Best of Scorpions|
|Compilation album by|
|Released||17 November 1979|
|Genre||Heavy metal, hard rock|
|Scorpions compilations chronology|
Top: Japanese Edition
Bottom: U.S. Edition
Best of Scorpions is a compilation album by the German heavy metal band Scorpions. It was released in November 17, 1979 in the United States. The record contains songs from their albums between Fly to the Rainbow and Taken by Force. No songs were culled from their debut album, Lonesome Crow.
The original German edition of the cover art featured an image of a scorpion stinging a naked girl's hip. The Japanese edition features an alternative cover showing a naked female's buttocks. The 1984 U.S. re-release cover featured an image of a man wearing a leather jacket and a scorpion necklace. The album was reissued for the first time on CD in 1984.
- "Steamrock Fever" - 3:35 (from the album Taken by Force)
- "Pictured Life" - 3:23 (from the album Virgin Killer)
- "Robot Man" - 2:42 (from the album In Trance)
- "Backstage Queen" - 3:12 (from the album Virgin Killer)
- "Speedy's Coming" - 3:35 (from the album Fly to the Rainbow)
- "Hell Cat" - 2:54 (from the album Virgin Killer)
- "He's a Woman, She's a Man" - 3:14 (from the album Taken by Force)
- "In Trance" - 4:43 (from the album In Trance)
- "Dark Lady" - 3:25 (from the album In Trance)
- "The Sails of Charon" - 4:24 (from the album Taken by Force)
- "Virgin Killer" - 3:41 (from the album Virgin Killer)
Note that the Japanese edition of this album features the original version of "The Sails of Charon" with a length of 5:16. Other editions including the German and US versions feature an edited, shorter version with a length of 4:24
|1979||Billboard 200 (North America)||180|
- Weber, Barry. "Scorpions The Best of Scorpions review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- Watts, Chris (26 October 1991). "Scorpions 'Best of... Volume 1'". Kerrang!. 364. London, UK: Spotlight Publications. p. 26.
- "Best of Scorpions Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-25.