|Founded||Brande, Denmark, 1975|
|Founder||Troels Holch Povlsen|
|Headquarters||Brande, Jutland, Denmark|
Number of locations
|5,700 retail stores & 12,000 wholesale customers|
|Europe, Middle East, India, China and Canada|
|Anders Holch Povlsen (sole owner)|
Number of employees
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bestseller A/S is a privately held family-owned clothing company based in Denmark. The company was founded in 1975 and has 11 brands.
The company was founded in 1975 by Troels Holch Povlsen in Brande, Denmark. Originally its focus was on women's fashion. It introduced children's clothing in 1986 and menswear in 1988. Bestseller is family-owned and the company employs around 15,000 people.
Bestseller has a number of different brands under which it sells its clothing. The brands are listed below and are sold both in the company's own stores and through independent retailers.
- Vero Moda - The company's basic brand of women's clothing. In 2007, the company hired the supermodel Gisele Bündchen to promote the brand in 2007-08.
- Only - denim jeans
- Mamalicious - maternity wear
- Vila - for younger women
- Selected Femme - sister brand to Selected Homme
- Junarose - plus size
- Jack & Jones - brand targeted at younger customers, with underwear and other garments aimed at the young consumer market. In 2007, the company established a new label "JJ ECO" which is Fairtrade-certified. They sponsor Danish sportsmen Mikkel Kessler and Kevin Magnussen.
- Selected Homme - more conservative brand including suits and shirts
- Outfitters Nation
- Name It - clothes for babies and children.
- Normal - personal and homecare hygiene store (25% share) [in Denmark only] 
Bestseller has shops in most European countries, the Middle East, India, China and Canada (over 45 countries in total). Bestseller is one of the biggest European fashion companies in China with more than 1,200 shops and is said to be "one of the only foreign clothing companies successful at penetrating the middle price range Chinese consumer market". Shops sell either clothing of one single brand or of all brands of the company. There are more than 800 shops selling Vero Moda around the globe. The Jack & Jones brand is sold in approximately 2,000 retail shops, of which 270 are Jack & Jones franchises.
From 1998 to 2000, Bestseller were co-sponsor for a professional road bicycle racing team, which had Jack & Jones as part of its name. Since 2006, Bestseller has been a sponsor of the Danish Olympic team.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-29. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- "Bestseller hires world's best paid supermodel Gisele Bündchen". Invest in Denmark. 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-17. Retrieved 2016-07-02.
- BESTSELLER - NewFrontpage Archived August 28, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Fashion, Jobs, UK, Vacancy, England, Fashion, Clothing, job, search
- EuroBiz Magazine - June 2006 Archived August 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Vero Moda
- "Bestseller køber sig ind i tøj-succes". EPN.dk.