This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Executive Chairman - Rich Ricci |
CEO - Marcus Brennan
|Owner||Dedsert (Ireland) Limited|
BetBright was founded in 2013, by Marcus Brennan, Richard Brennan, Gary Hunter and Tadhg O'Toole.
On 30 January 2016, prominent racehorse owner and businessman Rich Ricci was unveiled as the new Executive Chairman of the company.
In November 2016, BetBright's focus on internal product development resulted in them winning the "Best In-House Product" award at the 2016 EGR operator awards, this was followed up soon after by winning the "Best Football Betting Product" award at the annual SBC industry awards a month later.
On 22 August 2017, BetBright announced the hiring of ex Poker Stars Director, Sarne Lightman as the new MD of Sportsbook and Casino.
In February 2018, BetBright announced growth plans as it aims to be a “disrupter” in the gambling sector, with ambitions to add almost 130,000 new customers in 2018 and forecast doubling in revenues from €14m in 2017 to €29m in 2018.
In June 2018, BetBright was recognised for its creativity and innovation in online gambling following the development of their ‘recommendations engine’ – a first for the gambling sector. - winning the "Innovation in sports betting" award at the 2018 EGR Marketing & Innovation Awards 2018.
In March 2019, BetBright was sold to 888 Holdings for £15m, a deal which sparked controversy when the sale announcement included a link to an "FAQ" site that said "all bets due to settle after 5 March at 23:59pm will be voided." This affects all season long bets on the Premier League.
|2016||eGaming Review (EGR)||Best In-house Product||Won|
|2016||Sports Betting Community (SBC)||Best Football Betting Product||Won|
|2016||eGaming Review (EGR)||Rising Star||Shortlisted|
|2018||eGaming Review (EGR)||Innovation in Sports Betting||Won|
In January 2015, BetBright embarked on a three year sponsorship deal with Cheltenham racecourse to include four of the seven races on the New Years Day card; as well as the feature race on Trials Day; and the BetBright Cup throughout the Cheltenham Festival.
The BetBright Cup (formerly the Prestbury Cup) is the competition between Irish trained horses and British trained horses at the Cheltenham Festival. The trophy is awarded to the country with the most number of Cheltenham Festival horse race winners.
In January 2016, it was announced that Hector Ó hEochagáin would captain the Irish side, while Robert "Choc" Thornton would captain the British side. The series ended in a draw between both countries.
In February 2017, it was announced that Hector Ó hEochagáin would reprise his role as Irish captain, while Phil Tufnell would take over the role of British captain throughout the Festival. BetBright also announced a prize fund of £10,000 to be paid to the Injured Jockeys Fund in the country of the winning team. The series ended with Ireland beating the British team on a scoreline of 19-9.
In February 2018, it was announced that Ex England cricket spin bowler Phil Tufnell and former snooker star Ken Doherty were the BetBright Cup captains of Great Britain and Ireland, respectively.
On 13 June 2018, BetBright were announced as the official shirt sponsor for EFL Championship club Nottingham Forest for their 2018-19 season. The deal was said to be the most "significant front-of-shirt agreement in the club's history". The BetBright company logo will be displayed on the front of all of Nottingham Forest's playing kits for the coming 2018/19 season. BetBright have even agreed to slightly alter the colouring of their logo, to all-white branding, in order to maintain the traditional colour scheme of Nottingham Forest’s Garibaldi red shirt.
Football World Cup 2018
- "888 Acquires BetBright for £15m".
- "Company behind BetBright racked up €3.9m loss in 2015 - Independent.ie". Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Guru Bill McCabe forsees a future for psychic line - Independent.ie". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "BetBright launches casino product". 6 November 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Rich Ricci new executive chairman of internet bookmakers BetBright". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "BetBright wins award at EGR Operator awards". CalvinAyre.com. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Ltd, Sportsglobal (uk) (8 December 2016). "BetBright Wins Best Football Betting Product at SBC Awards 2016". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "BetBright hires ex PokerStars director as sportsbook and casino MD - EGR Intel - B2B information for the global online gambling and gaming industry". egr.global. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Daly, Gavin (2018-02-11). "BetBright makes sunny forecast for revenues and expansion plan". The Sunday Times. ISSN 0956-1382. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Top Pedigree... BetBright sets high bar for 2018". SBC News. 2018-02-27. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "EGR Marketing & Innovation Awards winners 2018".
- "Anger as BetBright ceases trading and declares void all unsettled bets". The Guardian. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- EGR Operator Awards 2016 eGaming Review (EGR)
- Bet365 retains Best Bookmaker title at SBC Awards SBCNews
- BetBright wins award at EGR Operator awards CalvinAyre.com
- "BetBright to sponsor feature on Trials Day at Cheltenham - SportsNewsIRELAND". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "The Betbright Cup - Cheltenham Festival 2017 (Prestbury Cup)". www.racingbetter.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Thornton counting on Yanworth to lead UK charge for the BetBright Cup". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Phil Tufnell leads British challenge for BetBright Cup at Cheltenham - At The Races". At The Races. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Bookmaker offers Injured Jockeys Fund cash boost to BetBright Cup winners - At The Races". At The Races. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "The Betbright Cup - Cheltenham Festival 2017 (Prestbury Cup)". www.racingbetter.co.uk. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Celeb captains announced for 2018 BetBright Cup". SBC News. 2018-02-08. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- Bean, Martin. "BAMMA Announces New Betting Partner BetBright". Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Nottingham Forest announce landmark deal with BetBright". Nottingham Forest. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- "BetBright add Nick Luck as Racing Ambassador - Equestrian Business". Equestrian Business. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Jimmy Bullard selects two Newcastle players in all-time best England 11 - NUFC The Mag". 12 October 2016. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Jamie Vardy's WAG Rebekah trains to be World Cup referee - Daily Star".
- A bright bet by Rich Ricci. Irish Times. Retrieved 24 August 2017
- BetBright Cup winner gets £10,000 for Injured Jockeys Fund. SBC News. Retrieved 25 August 2017
- ABP funding scheme faces big test after Rich Ricci joins BetBright. The Guardian. Retrieved 25 August 2017