|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||Panama City, Panama|
|Area served||International (via Internet)|
|Key people||Eddie Robbins III, CEO|
|Products||Bookmaker, Online casino, Sports betting|
|Slogan(s)||Because you can.|
|Alexa rank||277,092 (April 2014[update])|
BetOnline is a privately held online gambling company offering sports betting, casino games, and wagering on horse racing. The company’s CEO is Eddie Robbins III. In 2006, according to Casino City Press, BetOnline.com was among the top 60 online sportsbook, racebook, and betting exchanges, by overall traffic received. The site has been in operation at least since September 2004.
BetOnline has publicized some of its more innovative approaches to online gaming. In 2009, the company set out to place and accept the first wager from the summit of Mount Everest. Hiring a veteran climber, Tim Rippel, the company promised to donate $20,000 to a popular charity (as chosen by voters on Facebook and Twitter) upon successfully summiting the peak and placing a bet. While the climbing team was unable to place a bet from the summit, a wager was placed on May 18, 2009 (local time) from “Base Camp 4” at 26,000 feet above sea level. The bet was a winner, wagering that the Los Angeles Lakers would cover the spread against the Houston Rockets in Game 7 of the NBA Western Conference Semifinals. BetOnline still donated the $20,000 across three top vote-getting charities.
BetOnline has switched to the Betonline.ag domain name. Their Betonline.com domain is still active but they told their partners that the Betonline.ag domain will be their primary address starting on April 4, 2012.
Allegations of fraud
An online video surfaced which clearly showed BetOnline cheating by switching cards and hence causing the house to win and the player to lose in a blackjack match
- "Betonline.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Sportsbook, Casino and Racebook takes online wagering to unparalleled levels". BetOnline.com. 14 August 2009. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "Casino City's iGAMING BUSINESS DIRECTORY" (PDF). Casino City Press. Summer 2006. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- Internet Archive page stored 15 September 2004, for BetOnline.com
- Timothy Williams (8 May 2009). "BetOnline.com to Place First Bet From Peak of Mount Everest in World Record Attempt". News Blaze. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "BetOnline.com announces winners of the $20k Mount Everest charity expedition". BetOnline.com. 2009. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "BetOnline.com moves to Betonline.ag". BetAMU.org. 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Hit and Run: Betonline Poker Dealer Accused of Cheating, More Seats in Super High Roller Bowl - Part Time Poker". www.parttimepoker.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.