|Private, Employee owned|
Number of locations
|Products||Exchange-traded funds, Commodities, FX|
BetaShares is a company based in Sydney, Australia, and is a provider of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and other ASX-traded funds. The company introduced a range of products into the Australian ETF landscape, including Australia's first currency hedged ETF, Australia's first range of commodity ETFs, Australia's first range of currency ETFs, Australia's first ETF using Fundamentally based indexes and a range of short exchange traded products.
BetaShares Capital Ltd is an Australian issuer of Exchange Traded Products (ETFs).
Currently, BetaShares offers exchange-traded funds across several classes, including equities, cash, currencies and commodities.
Some of BetaShares' milestones include:
- Announced the launch of Australia's first currency ETF, and now covers the US Dollar, British Pound and Euro 
- Announced the launch of Australia's first currency hedged ETF, the BetaShares Gold Bullion ETF (A$ Hedged). The launch of this product represents a significant step forward for Australian investors interested in gold exposure 
- Announced the launch of Australia's first range of commodity ETFs, including Australia's first crude oil ETF and first Agriculture ETF.
- Announced the launch of Australia's first Cash ETF, the BetaShares Australian High Interest Cash ETF.).
- Announced the launch of Australia's first ETF product using Fundamental Indexation techniques, the BetaShares FTSE RAFI Australia 200 ETF.
- Gold exchange-traded fund
- Gold as an investment
- Exchange-traded fund
- List of Australian exchange-traded funds
- BetaShares cautions investors on the impact of currency on gold performance. "Advisor Voice", 20 July 2011, accessed 9 September 2011
- Kennedy, Chris, BetaShares tips jump in ETF useMoney Management, 23 June 2011, accessed 9 September 2011
- BetaShares launches Australia's first currency ETF. "ETF Mate", accessed 9 September 2011
- Woodington, Matt, BetaShares adds major currencies to its range Financial Standard, 11 July 2011, accessed 9 September 2011
- Teckchandani, Vishal, BetaShares launches hedged gold ETF Morningstar, 5 May 2011, accessed 9 September 2011
- Yeow, Leng, ETFs take the weighty costs out of precious metals Australian Financial Review, 31 August 2011, p.2
- Kennedy, Chris,  Money Management, 12 March 2012, accessed 13 August 2013
- Smith, Mark,  Financial Standard, 11 July 2013, accessed 13 August 2013