|Beth Francine Bloom|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
June 25, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Donald L. Graham|
June 24, 1962 |
The Bronx, New York
|Residence||Miami Beach, Florida|
|Education||Broward College (A.A.)
University of Florida (B.S.)
University of Miami School of Law (J.D.)
Beth Francine Bloom (born June 24, 1962) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and former Florida Circuit Court Judge.
Bloom received an Associate of Arts degree in 1982 from Broward Community College. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in 1984 from the University of Florida. She received a Juris Doctor in 1988 from the University of Miami School of Law. From 1988 to 1995, she served at the law firm of Floyd, Pearson, Richman, Greer, Weil, Brumbaugh & Russomanno, P.A., where she handled a broad range of civil litigation. From 1992 to 1993, she served as a Traffic Magistrate Judge concurrently with her private practice. From 1995 to 2010, she was a County Judge in Miami-Dade County within the Eleventh Judicial Circuit and served as an Associate Administrative Judge of the Criminal Division in 2010. From 2010 to 2014, she served as a Circuit Court Judge in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
Federal judicial service
On February 6, 2014, President Obama nominated Bloom to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, to the seat vacated by Judge Donald L. Graham, who took senior status on December 15, 2013. She received a hearing before the United States Senate Judiciary Committee on April 1, 2014. On May 8, 2014 her nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote. On June 19, 2014 Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filed a motion to invoke cloture on the nomination. On June 23, 2014 the United States Senate voted 53-31 on the motion to invoke cloture. On Tuesday June 24, 2014 the United States Senate voted 95-0 in favor of final confirmation. She received her judicial commission on June 25, 2014.
- MyLife.com profile
- "President Obama Announces Intent to Nominate Four to Serve on the United States District Courts". 5 February 2014.
- "Bloom, Beth Francine - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate". 6 February 2014.
- "Nominations". United States Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. 1 April 2014.
- "Executive Business Meeting" (PDF). United States Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. 8 May 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 204. United States Senate. 23 June 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 208. United States Senate. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Beth Bloom at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
- Beth Bloom at Ballotpedia
Donald L. Graham
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida