Revis at the 2016 Texas Book Festival
|Born||North Carolina, US|
|Occupation||Writer, former English teacher|
Beth Revis is an American author of fantasy and science fiction, mainly for the young adult audience. She is best known for the Across the Universe trilogy, which consists of the novels Across the Universe, A Million Suns and Shades of Earth. Revis resides in North Carolina.
Revis' first published novel was Across the Universe, which debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List for Children's Chapter Books at #7 in January 2011. There have been two sequels to the book: A Million Suns (January 2012) and Shades of Earth (January 2013), as well as a standalone novel set in the same universe, The Body Electric (2014).
In 2015, Revis published a series of books on writing and publishing, called the Paper Hearts series. The series began as a collection of informational essays and comments in response to questions aspiring writers had, which she had originally posted on Wattpad. When it gained immense popularity, Revis rewrote the collection into three separate books: Volume 1: Some Writing Advice, Volume 2: Some Publishing Advice, and Volume 3: Some Marketing Advice.
Across the Universe series
- Across the Universe (2011)
- A Million Suns (2012)
- Shades of Earth (2013)
Also in the Across the Universe world
- "As They Slip Away" (novella)
- "The Other Elder" (short story)
- "Love is a Choice" (short story)
- The Body Electric (2014)
Paper Hearts series (2015)
- Paper Hearts, Volume 1: Some Writing Advice
- Paper Hearts, Volume 2: Some Publishing Advice
- Paper Hearts, Volume 3: Some Marketing Advice
- The Body Electric
- A World Without You (2016)
The Future Collection (2015)
- "Doctor-Patient Confidentiality"
- "The Most Precious Memory"
- "The Girl and the Machine"
- "The Turing Test"
- "As They Slip Away"
- After: Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia (edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling) (2012)
- Shards and Ashes (edited by Melissa Marr and Kelly Armstrong) (2013)
- Defy the Dark (edited by Saundra Mitchell) (2013)
- Dead Man's Hand: An Anthology of the Weird West (edited by John Joseph Adams) (2014)
- Soothe the Savage Beast (edited by Bryan Young) (2014)
- Futuredaze: Reprise (2014)
- Violent Ends (edited by Shaun David Hutchinson) (2015)
- Among The Shadows: 13 Stories of Darkness & Light (edited by Kate Karyus Quinn) (2015)
- A Tyranny of Petticoats: 15 Stories of Belles, Bank Robbers & Other Badass Girls (edited by Jessica Spotswood) (2016)
- "About: Beth Revis". Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- "Across the Universe by Beth Revis (Starred Review)". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Schuessler, Jennifer. "Best Sellers - The New York Times - January 30, 2011". Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- "Lois Tilton reviews Short Fiction, mid-October". Locus Online. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- "Shards and Ashes". Harper Collins Childrens. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Revis, Beth. "Paper Hearts Series". bethrevis.com. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "A World Without You". bethrevis.com. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Books". bethrevis.com. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Short Stories and Novellas". bethrevis.com. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|