|Born||November 8, 1969|
|World Series of Poker|
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Beth Shak (born November 8, 1969) is an American professional poker player, who has been playing professionally since 2004. She is also an entrepreneur and philanthropist as well as a shoe and handbag expert. Shak ran a private vintage designer clothing business for 10 years. Her most recent project is a custom designed poker chip set currently on pre-order at her website.
Listed as one of the most attractive poker players Shak has appeared in the World Series of Poker, CBS, Playboy's Poker Tournament, "Aces & Angels" at the Playboy Mansion, YRB Magazine's "Rock It" fashion spread, Social Life magazine, Shoeholics magazine, Good Morning America, The View, AOL.com's You've Got, The Today Show and MTV Cribs.
Shak has been featured on several television programs, including 20/20, Celebrity Nightmares, Millionaire Matchmaker, Poker After Dark and NY Ink. She has been a contributing writer to Cosmopolitan and PhillyMag and has been featured several times in the Huffington Post. In 2012, Shak was listed by Philadelphia Daily News in their Sexy Singles for 2012. Shak was also mentioned in the NY Times for her role in a documentary about high heels.
Shak initially learned to play poker by logging on to Full Tilt Poker and using “play money” until she felt comfortable enough to start playing with real money. When she started playing live, she found it to be “very different” and had to learn not to let men intimidate her. She has said she wants to be known as a good player, not "a good player...for a woman." In 2007, Shak signed on as a Red Pro for Full Tilt Poker.
Shak has made 3 World Series of Poker final tables and has thirteen tournament cashes to her name. At her first final table, she lost to Jennifer Tilly. She placed 8th in the 2005 World Series of Poker Ladies' event, which was only her second live tournament. At the 2007 World Series of Poker Shak placed 2nd (out of over 800 players) in the $3K No-Limit Hold ‘em event.
Shak made it to the final day of Season 5 of the European Poker Tour (EPT) finishing in the top 30 out of over 500 players, according to the European Poker Tour season 5 results. Her most recent win was in Johannesburg, South Africa playing 7 card stud.
As of 2009, her total live tournament winnings exceed $450,000. Of those winnings, $363,118 have come at the WSOP.
Shak owns approximately 1,200 pairs of shoes, valued at ~$1 million (£640,000), including 700 pairs by designer Christian Louboutin. Her shoe collection has led to her receiving no small amount of media attention. Her shoe collection has been written about in many articles and she has made several TV appearances to talk about it. She was featured next to other celebrities such as Fergie and Kelly Rowland in the documentary God Save My Shoes, directed by Julie Benasra.
Beth Shak has an extensive handbag collection. She started it when she was 16 years old and added many unique handbags during her vintage clothing business and while traveling around the world playing poker and added to her collection while she was traveling. It was both a passion and an investment 
Shak was married to fellow poker player Dan Shak, but they divorced in 2009. A civil suit for a portion of her shoes was brought against Shak by her ex-husband, but was dismissed. Shak appeared on a November 2010 episode of "reality" television program, Millionaire Matchmaker, as a "millionairess" seeking professional dating help to find a life partner. She has three children. On June 9, 2016, Beth Shak married Rick Leventhal in Las Vegas. In April 2017, Beth filed for divorce after nine months of marriage citing "irreconcilable differences".
Shak is the founder and chair of the Deal Me In For Jed Poker Event benefitting The JED Foundation (founded by Phil and Donna Satow in memory of their son Jed), a non-profit organization working to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. The event is hosted by Beth Shak and Jamie Gold. She comments, "I picked The JED Foundation to work with because what they stand for really resonated with me. My daughter has had a few challenges and it warms my heart to know that JED is out there to help and support kids like her." Celebrity guests include Zach Brown and DaQuan Jones and from the Tennessee Titans, Garry Gilliam and Jordan Hill from the Seattle Seahawks, Rick Leventhal, Constantine Maroulis, and Montel Williams - amongst others.
Shak is a philanthropist, playing in many charity poker tournaments, raising money for various charities, most notably the "All in" for Kids Poker Tournament (which she co-founded) for The Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania’s Palliative Care program. She is on the board of the Wish Upon A Hero Foundation, the advisory board of ShoeRevolt.com, and is on a committee at Gift of Life. She supports the Make-A-Wish Foundation and attended the LeSean McCoy celebrity charity weekend.
Shak has created the " Beth Shak Charitable Foundation" in order to support charitable organizations that give back to communities. “Shades of Greatness Foundation Inc.” - The LeSean McCoy Foundation and the M. Night Shayamalan Foundation are among the organizations that she supports.
Having made a five-figure donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, she was allowed to host a private screening Hampton Arts Cinema in Westhampton in honor of her Yorkie (Mila Shak)’s birthday.
Shak co-chaired the Pink Tie Ball in 2005. She is on the committee of ONEXONE and she is also a supporter of American Red Cross, P.A.W.S., Redlight Children Campaign, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and ASPCA.
Other charitable events/foundations Shak has supported include:
- 'Ante Up for Africa'
- The annual 'Sunflower Children Texas Hold'Em Celebrity Charity Benefit'
- 'Poker Jingle' for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- 'Celeb Hold'Em' event benefiting the Miracle Foundation
- Pledges towards the Pennsylvania Vet Working Dog Center
|2009||God Save My Shoes||Documentary on the intimate relationship women have with their shoes|
|Year||Program or media outlet||Notes|
|2008||Poker After Dark||Season 3 Episode 46|
|2009||Access Hollywood||Shopping with Eva Longoria|
|2009||myfoxla.com||"Gambling Secrets from the Pros"|
|2009||MTV||Appearance on MTV Teen Cribs|
|2010||Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer||Appearance on October 2010|
|2010||Fox News Channel||"Poker Face"|
|2010||NBC 10 Philadelphia||"Poker Champion Gives Back"|
|2010||Asylum||"Poker Player Beth Shak"|
|2010||RTL Deutschland||Shak featured on a Dutch television series.|
|2010||Fox News Channel||"Is Taxing Poker a Bad Play?"|
|2010||Fox Business Network||Segment:"Buy Sell Hold 9/2/10"|
|2010||Stars and Stories||Shak featured on a German television show.|
|2010||Millionaire Matchmaker||Appearance on November 2010.|
|2011||Shoes.tv||"Ankle Breaking News: Beth Shak, Justin Bieber, Adidas, Lady Gaga"|
|2011||AOL.com||"You've Got Beth Shak"|
|2011||The Today Show||"Poker queen antes up 1,200 pairs of shoes"|
|2011||Vine Talk||Appearance on Vine Talk with Stanley Tucci|
|2011||Cosmo TV||Appearance on Series: Oh So Cosmo|
|2011||Fox News Channel||"God Save My Shoes"|
|2011||Inside Edition||Story on Shak's shoe collection.|
|2011||The Daily||"High on Heels"|
|2011||The Wendy Williams Show||Appearance on the Wendy Williams Show|
|2011||Celebrity Nightmares Decoded||Episode 3|
|2011||One on One with Steve Adubato||Appearance on November 12, 2011|
|2011||God Save My Shoes - Webisode||"Beth Shak's Shoe Closet"|
|2012||NY Ink||Season 2 - Beth Shak: Poker Hottie|
|2012||Fox News||Fox Philly - Deals on Boots and Bags|
|2012||Good Morning America||Shoe Addicts' Obsession Revealed in Documentary|
|2012||Fox News||Fox Philly - Daily News Sexy Singles on a Good Day|
|2012||The View (U.S. TV series)||The View - Episode 714|
|2012||20/20 (U.S. TV series)||20/20 - I'm Obsessed With...|
|2012||HLN (TV channel)||HLN - Evening Express - Suit Dropped Over Woman's Shoe Collection|
|2013||Million Dollar Shoppers||Million Dollar Shoppers Season 1|
|2014||Fox Friday Night Live||Fox Friday Night Live, August 29, 2014|
|2014||The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson||Fox News - October 23, 2014|
|2015||CBS Sports||CBS Sports, Poker Night in America - November 9, 2015 and November 10, 2015|
|2015||CBS Local Media||CBS Local, Seen at 11: Investing in Handbags... - December 9, 2015|
Mila Shak is a brindle teacup Yorkshire Terrier owned by Beth Shak. Mila was born in Greenbrier, Tennessee, on July 12, 2012, and was adopted by Beth when she was less than four months old. She spent her formative years at a home in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, with Sabine, another Yorkshire Terrier. Later, she moved to New York City, where she resides today with Beth.
Mila is a model who has been featured in multiple publications, including In Touch Weekly, the NY Post, Hamptons Pet and Shoeholics Magazine. She was on the summer cover of Hampton's Pet magazine. In early June Mila's instagram account was hacked as part of an attack on Beth and the case was featured in the New York Post.
In honor of Mila’s 4th birthday, Beth hosted a private screening at Hampton Arts Cinema in Westhampton after making a five-figure donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Epoch Times
- Beth Shak Poker Chip Set
- Most Attractive Player
- the ellen show
- beth shak poker chip
- West, Jeff. "An Interview With Beth Shak - Part I". Poker Pages. Archived from the original on February 17, 2009. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- "Beth Shak". Full Tilt Poker. Archived from the original on June 18, 2009. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- Hendon Mob tournament results
- MULKERRINS, Jane (August 11, 2012). "$1 million shoe lady". Daily Mail (UK). Retrieved August 11, 2012.
- Rosen, Daniel Edward (July 27, 2011). "It's a whole lotta 'sole'". New York Post. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- God Save My Shoes - God Save My Shoes, Officieal Website
- "'God Save My Shoes' Gives Stilettos the Documentary Treatment".
- CBS Local
- Behan, Tara (August 19, 2008). "What's It Pay?". Main Line Today. Retrieved June 12, 2009.
- Levin, Bess (August 7, 2012). "Woman Whose Ex-Hedge Fund Husband Demanded A Cut Of Her Shoes Just Rubbing It In His Face At This Point". Main Line Today. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- House of Cards - Bravo TV website, Millionaire Matchmaker
- Robin Leach (June 15, 2016). "Rick Leventhal and Beth Shak's L.V. wedding is no longer a secret". LasVegasSun.com. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- Ruiz, Karen (April 5, 2017). "Poker player divorces Fox News correspondent after less than a year". Mail Online. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- "Deal me In for JED event". Archived from the original on January 31, 2016. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- Deal Me In For JED press release
- All In Poker Tournament Archived April 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Katie, Lindsay (July 10, 2009). "The Round Table – Beth Shak the Charitable Poker Playing Mother". PokerWorks. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- Wish Upon a Hero Archived July 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Gift of Life
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 8, 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- LeSean McCoy Foundation
- Page 6
- Paw Nation
- RedLight Children Archived June 17, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Pedaids Archived August 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- StarPulse Archived June 8, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Ante Up For Africa
- Sunflower Children Benefit
- Benefit for the LLS
- Miracle Foundation
- Working Dog Center Annual Report
- God Save My Shoes
- Poker After Dark#Season 3 .282008.29
- Gambling Secrets
- Poker Face
- Poker Champion Gives Back Philadelphia
- Poker Player Beth Shak
- Is Taxing Poker a Bad Play?
- Bill on the Buy Sell Hold
- Ankle Breaking News Archived January 10, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- You've Got Beth Shak
- Poker Queen Antes Up 1200 Pairs of Shoes
- Vine Talk
- God Save My Shoes
- High on Heels
- Wendy Williams Show
- Celebrity Nightmares Decoded
- Beth's Shoe Closet
- NY Ink on TLC Archived January 11, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Good Morning America
- 20/20 Archived August 17, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 3, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Seen At 11: Investing In Handbags Is A Solid Financial Bet, Experts Say
- http://milashak.com/ Milashak.com
- http://milashak.com/hamptons-pet-issue-no-9-2016/ Hamptons Pet Issue No. 9
- http://milashak.com/shoeholics/ Shoeholics
- http://www.hamptonspet.com/ Hampton's Pet
- http://pagesix.com/2017/06/20/poker-queens-private-info-compromised-in-home-invasion/ Page6
- http://pagesix.com/2016/07/25/beth-shak-throws-over-the-top-puppy-party-to-screen-movie/ Puppy Party